Day 1 - 23 Dec 2017
Arrive in Guwahati and proceed to the homestay. Relax. In the evening, step out for a sunset cruise on the Bhramaputra. This is a day to get to know each other. Overnight at Guwahati.
Day 2 - 24 Dec 2017
Start early for Kaziranga National Park today. Have lunch and hop on for an exhilarating jeep safari. The sanctuary, which hosts two-thirds of the world’s great one-horned rhinoceroses, is a World Heritage Site. Enjoy your evening with a traditional dance performance. Overnight at Golghat.
Day 3 - 25 Dec 2017
We go for an elephant safari early in the morning. After breakfast, we make our way to Meghalaya today. This is going to be a long drive but the beauty will keep you company. Lunch stop at the beautiful Umiam Lake followed by a boat ride. We reach Shillong, and if time permits, will check out the museums and churches. Celebrate a cold and beautiful Christmas! Overnight at Shillong.
Day 4 - 26 Dec 2017
Shillong has a lot to offer. We will be walking through the Mawphlang Sacred Grove today, listening to the stories of Khasi culture. Visit India’s own Grand Canyon at Laitlum. Walk through the lanes of Shillong. Overnight at Shillong.
Day 5 - 27 Dec 2017
We start early to visit the wettest place on earth. On the way to Cherrapunji we will stop at various gorgeous waterfalls and intriguing caves. The journey today is dotted with these spots. Overnight at Cherrapunji.
Day 6 - 28 Dec 2017
Living root bridges are one of the most enticing factors of Meghalaya. Today we trek to the double decker bridge to Nongriat. It is around 3000 steps but totally worth the exercise. If your energy permits, we can trek till the Rainbow waterfalls. You can opt out of the trek and we can find another activity/tour for you. Return to the stay and relax. Overnight at Cherrapunji.
Day 7 - 29 Dec 2017
After a relaxed breakfast we check out and proceed to the cleanest village in Asia, Mawlynnong. On the way we visit a few waterfalls and another living root bridge. Mawlynnong offers not just a glimpse of a small town life of Meghalya, it is an important insight into how a community achieved what the whole government machinery is failing to do. Overnight at Mawlynnong.
Day 8 - 30 Dec 2017
From the cleanest village in Asia to probably the cleanest river in India, we visit the Umgnot river in Dawki today. Get into a boat ride where your boat appears to be suspended mid-air, so clear is the water. Indulge in various adventure activities like SCUBA diving, snorkelling, cliff jumping and kayaking. We would also visit the Bangladesh border if the situation permits. We start for Shillong after lunch. On the way, we can revisit the waterfalls or visit new ones! Overnight at Shillong.
Day 9 - 31 Dec 2017
After breakfast, start for Guwahati and get dropped at the airport. Get home in time of welcoming the New Year with new memories.
- 8 nights’ stay on triple sharing in Golghat and Shillong and double sharing at Cherrapunji and Mawlynnong
- A dedicated vehicle throughout the trip
- All meals starting from dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 9
- Morning and Evening Tea/Coffee
- An hour long sunset cruise on the Bhramaputra river
- Jeep Safari and Elephant Safari at Kaziranga National Park
- Traditional dance performance at the stay in Golghat
- Entry tickets to monuments
- Boating at Umiam Lake and Umgnot River
- Guide for Mawphlang Sacred Grove and for the Nongriat Trek
- Toll and Parking
- Guidance of an F5er
- Flights from your city of residence to Guwahati and back
- Meals other than specified
- Activities other than mentioned.
- Scuba diving: 2500/-
- Zip line: 500/-
- Cliff jumping: 300/-
- Kayaking: 500/-
- Snorkeling: 500/-
- Personal expenses – tips, laundry, beverages, medical expenses
- Camera charges
- 5% GST
Terms & Conditions
If cancelled 90 days or more in advance, cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply.
Option of Deffered trip:
You have an option of parking the paid amount with us for a future trip, if you wish to cancel joining this trip 60 days or more in advance.
Following conditions apply:
You need to choose the trip you would like to go with instead (the deferred trip) within 2 months of deciding to cancel.
The travel start date of the deferred trip should be within 6 months from the day you decide to cancel.
There can be only one such change and once you decide the deferred trip, the cancellation policy of that trip applies.
You cannot choose a short trip (less than 5 days) as a deferred trip.
- It is going to be cold during the trip and you are advised to have enough warm clothes and jackets
- Heaters or Hot Water Bottles will be provided at the stays
- Every adventure activity comes with a moderate risk. The vendor is a realiable one but please take into account your own comfort level before going for any of them.
- Trekking to Nongriat will require a certain level of fitness. It is around 3000 stairs one way. It is optional if you are not feeling up to it.
- Our stays are going to be a mix of homestays, eco cottages and hotels with great view. The rooms will be basic, clean and safe.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on crafting and executing all-women travel experiences in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women. Come, join us, as we work towards redefining the way women travel India.
We all need regular breaks, be it a day’s off from our daily chores, life’s chaos, the work stress, the urban traffic or a relationship crisis. Be it anything, what matters is the break that you need. How often is that idea put into action? Well, we don’t blame you for the inaction. We have been there, done that and hence the idea of F5 Escapes. Let us help you travel. Sustainably, responsibly, safely.