This is a trip which is hard to categorize. It is like a well cut slice of a multi-layered cake. We get the tranquil, awe inspiring vistas of the Dhauladhar range and the mystic charm of Buddhist monasteries and Tibetian history; topped with the adrenalin rush of paragliding and the earthiness of Punjab.
You experience the nature up close as you trek to the beautiful Triund campsite and experience the gratitude as you eat at the langar at the Golden Temple. Then of course, there are those hidden pecan crunches of a beautiful pottery village, a ride on the Himalayan train and a food-coma inducing walk through the delicacies of Amritsar.
The whole trip is also connected with the tragic pasts of our country and another one. Amritsar is a vibrant city, filled with boisterous talk and great food. But it also has a history that shaped our country. Dharamsala offers you a glimpse of the exile of Tibetians and makes us understand humanity from a different angle.
Day 1 - 10 Mar 2018
We arrive at the heritage city of Amritsar. Visit the Jallianwala bagh, Partition Museum and the Golden Temple. Spend the dinner in an authentic Punjabi environment complete with the dancing. Overnight at Amritsar.
Day 2 - 11 Mar 2018
Go for an elaborate food walk with our very engaging host. We bet, you will be tempted to eat more than your stomach can allow. Visit the Gobindgarh fort. Post lunch, we relax. Those who want to witness the retreat ceremony at Wagah border can proceed. We are making it optional.
Those who stay back can indulge in shopping at the Katra market and Hall Bazaar in the evening. We all get together for a simple meal at the Langar at the Golden Temple. Overnight at Amritsar.
Day 3 - 12 Mar 2018
We are entering the Himalayas today. We continue our journey to a beautiful village near Palampur which will be our home for next two days. We visit the Tashi Jong monastery before we get to our natural building stay. Relax in the beautiful property with the view of Dhauldhar range. Overnight at Chandpur.
Day 4 - 13 Mar 2018
Ever ridden in the joy-trains as a kid? How about travelling in one of them. We will take a short joy-ride on the Palampur-Pathankot line to reach our paragliding site. That’s right! A mini adventure before a major one.
Paragliding in Billing is one of the most amazing experiences you will have. It is optional but highly recommended. After lunch at Bir, visit the famous Baijnath temple. Overnight at Chandpur.
Day 5 - 14 Mar 2018
You can go for a short walk around the village across the stream, before the breakfast. Check out and proceed to the pottery village of Andretta where you may take up a demo class, if it interests you.
We also visit the tea gardens. We move to Mcleodganj today, near the seat of His Holiness Dalai Lama. Drive up to the beautiful village of Dharamkot and Naddi and return to Mcleodganj. Overnight at Mcleodganj.
Day 6 - 15 Mar 2018
We trek today to Triund campsite. It is a beautiful, in parts steep, trek through the rhododendrons and oak forests. It is a 9km trek one way. The campsite opens up to a spectacular view of the Dahuldhars. Overnight at Triund.
Day 7 - 16 Mar 2018
After breakfast we start trekking back to the base and should reach by lunch. Take rest of the day at leisure. Check out those really cool cafes of Mcloedganj. Let’s spend the evening walking around the small mountain town and shop if you like. Overnight at Mcleodganj.
Day 8 - 17 Mar 2018
Check out and visit the Norbulingka Institute and the Dharamsala Cricket Stadium. Proceed to Amritsar. Have a sumptuous last dinner of the trip. Overnight at Amritsar.
Day 9 - 18 Mar 2018
After breakfast, depart for your respective flights. If your flight is late in the day, you have an option of an early morning (5AM) visit to the Golden Temple or you can spend some time shopping in the Hall Bazaar.
- All meals and evening tea/coffee starting from lunch on Day 1 to Breakfast on Day 9.
- Accommodation for 8 nights
- Double sharing in Amritsar and Mcleodganj.
- Triple sharing in Chandpur. The Chandpur house is a composite structure with family rooms.
- Accommodation in tents on double sharing at the camping site in Triund
- All transportation except while exploring the Mcleodganj bazaar on foot. Bigger vehicles are not allowed in the town.
- Permits and tolls
- Entry charges and toy train tickets
- Food walk in Amritsar
- Trekking guide, porter, camping facilities, sleeping bags, toilet tent during the Triund trek.
- Guidance of an F5er
- Food, snacks other than mentioned
- 5% GST
- Camera charges
- Paragliding charges
- Tips and personal expenses
- Flights from your city of residence to Amritsar and return
Terms & Conditions
- If cancelled 90 days or more in advance, cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply.
Option of Deffered trip:
- You have an option of parking the paid amount with us for a future trip, if you wish to cancel joining this trip 60 days or more in advance.
- Following conditions apply:
- You need to choose the trip you would like to go with instead (the deferred trip) within 2 months of deciding to cancel.
- The travel start date of the deferred trip should be within 6 months from the day you decide to cancel.
- There can be only one such change and once you decide the deferred trip, the cancellation policy of that trip applies.
- You cannot choose a short trip (less than 5 days) as a deferred trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
- This is a non-smoking and a non-alchoholic trip for all practical reasons.
Arrival & Departure Timings
Reach Amritsar on Day 1 by 2PM & return on day 9 any time after 10AM.
March is the start of spring and the weather is expected to be pleasant. You will still need warm clothes. The exact nature of weather will be known closer to the time and you will be advised accordingly.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days.
We have a variety of stays in this trip. A family run homestay in Amritsar. A unique, naturally build property in Chandpur. A guest house close to the cafes in Mcleodganj and camping tents at Triund.
Authentic Punjabi food wherever possible
Simple Indian food such as rotis/dal, rice etc. Toast/Omlettes will be available.
Continental food at Mcleodganj
If you have special dietary requests, please let us know beforehand.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
- Paragliding is an adventure sport and comes with its own risks, same as river rafting or deep sea diving. The tandem ride includes a pilot flying with you and you are not in charge of making any technical judgment, which makes it much safer. It doesn’t require much physical work but if you are over 55 and have medical history like diabetes or blood pressure, we advise you to first consult your doctor for paragliding.
- Trek to Triud is classified as easy. However, trekking in Himalayas require certain fitness levels. If you can briskwalk for two kilometers, you should be okay.
- There will be porters to carry your luggage during the trek but you are expected to pack only essentials for an overnight haul. Your luggage will be kept at the guest house in Mcleodganj
- Larger vehicles are not allowed in Mcleodganj, so exploring the market area will be on foot. You can hire, the small taxis (like you hire auto rickshaws) to go from one road to another, but the distances are only few hundred meters.
- Paragliding is weather dependent and cannot be guaranteed.
- Triund trek may not be possible if it snows (which will be rare). In that case we have an alternate hike plan for you.
- Stay in Chandpur requires a 15 minute trek. There will be porters to carry your luggage.
- The retreat ceremony at Attari is something we have kept optional as most of our guests did not enjoy it on previous trips, neither did we. We will still facilitate your visit and the vehicle will always be there for you.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on crafting and executing all-women travel experiences in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women. Come, join us, as we work towards redefining the way women travel India.
We all need regular breaks, be it a day’s off from our daily chores, life’s chaos, the work stress, the urban traffic or a relationship crisis. Be it anything, what matters is the break that you need. How often is that idea put into action? Well, we don’t blame you for the inaction. We have been there, done that and hence the idea of F5 Escapes. Let us help you travel. Sustainably, responsibly, safely.