Kashmir was the heaven for Jahangir. His famous words, “Gar firdaus, ruhe zamin ast, hamin asto, hamin asto, hamin ast” (If there is ever a heaven on earth, it’s here, it’s here, it’s here.), are now the tourism signature line for the State!
Kashmir is dotted with beautiful lakes, surrounded by magnificent valleys. The lake circuit of Kashmir is a pilgrimage to nature, and we will try and cover a few of them. The exquisite architecture of ancient monuments of the meticulous walnut carvings, all seem to be inspired by the astounding beauty of the nature surrounding Kashmir. Srinagar is a city with a heart-wrenching past and present.
To understand India, it is important to understand Kashmir. Surprisingly, most Indians don’t, let alone the world. Witness Srinagar, understand its heritage and its turmoil-ridden past and present. The warm hospitality in the midst of shadows of Himalayas and the shadows of past, will make you in awe of the human spirit.
Day 1 - 20 Aug 2017
Welcome to Srinagar. Check-in to your houseboat. Visit Nishat garden, Chashm-e-shahi and local market (if time permits). You can do a bit of shopping for dry fruits today. Take the shikara boat ride and relax at the houseboat in the Dal lake. Spend the night on the lake and look out at the beautiful sky reflected in the lake.
Day 2 To Day 3 - 21 Aug 2017 To 22 Aug 2017
After breakfast proceed to Pahalgam – Valley of Shepherds. After lunch, take a beautiful drive to Aru and Betaab Valley. If weather permits we will also visit the Chandanwari glacier base. Overnight at Pahalgam.
Day 4 - 23 Aug 2017
Today is a day to unwind and relax. Take a walking trail and meet the locals. Drink Kahwah with them and get to know their lives. Get yourself clicked in the traditional Kashmri attire. Visit the Baisaran Valley on your horse or choose to stay at the homestay and enjoy the view of Lidder river. Overnight at Pahalgam.
Day 5 To Day 7 - 24 Aug 2017 To 26 Aug 2017
After breakfast proceed to Srinagar from Pahalgam. Enroute, visit Mattan Temple, Kashmir Bat Factory, Awantipora Ruins and Pampore Saffron fields. Overnight at homestay in Srinagar.
Day 8 - 27 Aug 2017
After breakfast proceed to Gulmarg. Gulmarg is at 8700 and is known as Meadow of flowers. Enjoy a ride at both levels on Gondola. You can also choose to ride a pony. Visit a local paper machie artist and see him in action. Return to Srinagar. Overnight at homestay in Srinagar.
Day 9 - 28 Aug 2017
We take a day trip to Doodh Pathri – another beautiful valley in Kashmir. Take a picnic lunch with you and enjoy your time with nature. Visit an organic farm in the evening and understand the farming patterns in Kashmir over tea. Overnight at homestay in Srinagar
Day 10 - 29 Aug 2017
After Breakfast proceed for local Manasbal Lake, Kheer-Bhawani temple and Hazratbal mosque. Spend your evening shopping and sipping coffee at a beautiful view point. Overnight at homestay in Srinagar.
Day 11 - 30 Aug 2017
If you are inclined, go for an early morning visit to Shankaracharya temple. After breakfast, we can again visit the market or relax at homestay. Proceed to the Srinagar airport after an early lunch.Tour ends. Memories begin.
- Accommodation for 7 nights on triple sharing.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, evening tea/coffee) starting from evening tea on Day 1 till lunch on Day 8.
- Transport in Tavera of similar through out the trip.
- Famous Wazwaan lunch spread on one of the days.
- All entries to monuments.
- Gondola Ride in Gulmarg – both levels.
- Walking trail with guide in Pahalgam.
- Guidance of an F5er.
- One Shikara ride in Srinagar.
- Flights to Srinagarfrom your city of residence and return.
- 5% GST.
- Tips and other expenses of personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Anything not specifically mentioned in inclusions.
- Charges for activities not mentioned in the inclusions – horse ride at Baisaran valley, pony ride in Gulmarg etc.
Terms & Conditions
25% of the trip cost if cancelled 60 days in advance. If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply as well.
50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 15 days in advance.
Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
- This is a non-smoking and a non-alchoholic trip for all practical reasons.
- We will be staying in beautiful homestays with the locals. Please do come with the view of respecting the sanctity of a home and appreciating the warmth and hospitality.
- Kashmir is constantly in the news, yes, however, tourists do continue to flock the region in summers. Tourists are treated with immense respect and are allowed to move around. Life goes on in Kashmirand tourism continues to be the backbone of their economy.
- You will be required to sign a consent form that you understand the risks involved and consent to join us on the trip.
- Srinagar is an Army airport and is very small compared to other airports in India. There will be multiple checks, so you are advised to leave the stay 3 hours prior to your flight, on the last day.
- Please be dressed conservatively in Kashmir as this is a sensitive area.
- You are requested to not be out after 7PM and respect the timelines suggested by the local family.
- Sundays are holidays in Srinagar and establishments will be closed. Kindly respect that.
- In case there are delays, cancellation or change of plans due to climate (snow or rain) or political conditions, F5 Escapes will help you manage that but will not bear the extra cost involved.
- Climate will be pleasant in Srinagar and cold in Pahalgam and Gulmarg. We will send you a packing list 10 days before the trip.
- Shankaracharya temple has 200 stairs. We have planned it such that you can skip it, if you are not comfortable.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on crafting and executing all-women travel experiences in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women. Come, join us, as we work towards redefining the way women travel India.
We all need regular breaks, be it a day’s off from our daily chores, life’s chaos, the work stress, the urban traffic or a relationship crisis. Be it anything, what matters is the break that you need. How often is that idea put into action? Well, we don’t blame you for the inaction. We have been there, done that and hence the idea of F5 Escapes. Let us help you travel. Sustainably, responsibly, safely.