Come with us, set foot on one of the most unexplored, yet stunningly beautiful and amazingly hospitable landscapes in India. Walk amidst the bloom of Rhododendrons in Barsey, soak in the snow covered peaks and the mighty Himalayas, seek peace in the Buddhist monasteries and wrap yourself in incredible Sikkimese hospitality as we stay with the locals and live their lives for 9 days.
Life slows down in Sikkim. People, there are still to catch the urban disease of running around in concrete jungles. People smile readily and are willing to talk provided you let your prejudices go. Come with an open heart, and take more than your heart can contain.
Visit places around Pelling like the Kocheopokri Lake, Kanchanjunga Falls, Pamayangtse Monastery and Rabdantse Ruins, and explore other parts of this beautiful West Sikkim town. If weather permits, stop for paragliding, Changu Lake, Nathu La and Baba Mandir. Visit Rumtek Monastery and enjoy your drive through Mangan and Chumthang. Start early morning for the Gurudongmar Lake. Visit the Yumthang Valley and Zero point. visit the Buddha Park in RavanglaDo you want to see – the “Land of wheat fields” and is also known as Sosing “land of chestnut forest”? Go for a nature train and enjoy the Bhutia hospitality? You are in right trip! If time permits you might want to visit the Buddha Park in Ravangla and Ralong Monastery.
• Accommodation for 8N on single occupancy.
• All breakfasts from Day 2 to Day 9
• All dinners from Day 1 to Day 8
• Lunch in Kewzing
• All transportation in small car/Innova wherever applicable. Trip to Nathu La and North Sikkim will require an Innova as small vehicles cannot ply there.
• Permit costs for Nathula, Gurudongmar and Zero Point.
• Food, snacks other than mentioned
• Camera charges
• Activity charges – Paragliding will cost 2500/ pp for an 8 minute flight and 5000/pp for a long haul flight that will last about 15 minutes.
• Tolls, parking and entry charges
• Tips and personal expenses
• Flights from your city of residence to Bagdogra and return
Terms & Conditions
* 50% of the booking amount is required to confirm the booking. Balance to be paid before embarking on the tour.
* Please note that the itinerary is based on current availability and we cannot guarantee availability unless paid.
* Early check-in is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- F5 Escapes is not responsible for any natural or man made calamities and accidents occurring due to the negligence of the guests.
- Points to note:
Expect very cold weather in the North Sikkim. Carry good quality woolens as you will be facing sub zero temperatures. You should have really warm caps, gloves, socks, inner thermals, mufflers and jackets/sweaters. Wear layers.
Note on permit: We will be arranging your permits there. Please carry original govt id (with address)and
at least 4 passport size photographs. Please note that you need to carry original ids.
Changu Lake is at 12,000 ft and Natu La is over 14,000 ft. Gurudonmar Lake is at 17,000ft. While
there is no trek required to visit these places, being at these altitude will be exhausting due to oxygen rarity and low temperatures. We will share with you the do’s and don’ts of travelling to high altitude places and will also suggest some medication. Please consult your physician regarding the same.
The distances may seem small but the road travel in mountains takes time. You would be going
very slow in North Sikkim – Lachen and Lachung; and that is why the days are kept open.
In line with the ideology of F5 Escapes, we will be staying in beautiful guest houses and homestays during our trip. Please come with an open mind about sharing someone’s home and maintain the sanctity. This trip is about actually understanding a culture which is different and yet, is our own.
• Sikkim is a 100% organic state and people there live as naturally as possible. All stays will have
water heating facilities and in case of a power cut, the hosts will provide you hot water from
wood-fired heaters. Please do not insist on a diesel run generator and have patience.
• Sun rises early and sets early in the North East India. So days will start early and end early. To
cover everything that is promised, it is important that you maintain the timings. Although distances are less, the mountain roads make it difficult to maintain the average speed of more than 25kmph.
• We really wish you go to Nathu La and Baba Mandir. However, the area is army controlled and faces unpredictable weather turns. Hence the permits to visit these places are allotted on a day before. Thus, please be prepared for an eventuality of bad weather and trust us to try our best.
• All adventure activities are optional as some may not be comfortable doing them. They are all
dependent on weather conditions and hence cannot be guaranteed.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on crafting and executing all-women travel experiences in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women. Come, join us, as we work towards redefining the way women travel India.
We all need regular breaks, be it a day’s off from our daily chores, life’s chaos, the work stress, the urban traffic or a relationship crisis. Be it anything, what matters is the break that you need. How often is that idea put into action? Well, we don’t blame you for the inaction. We have been there, done that and hence the idea of F5 Escapes. Let us help you travel. Sustainably, responsibly, safely.