This tiny state in India, sticking out like a sore thumb, is anything but a sore thumb! Blessed with nature’s bounty and beauty in every corner, Sikkim is definitely one of the less explored places in the Indian tourist map.
Come with us, set foot on one of the most unexplored, yet stunningly beautiful and amazingly hospitable landscapes in India. Walk amidst the bloom of Rhododendrons in Barsey, soak in the snow covered peaks and the mighty Himalayas, seek peace in the Buddhist monasteries and wrap yourself in incredible Sikkimese hospitality as we stay with the locals and live their lives for 9 days.
Life slows down in Sikkim. People there are still to catch the urban disease of running around in concrete jungles. People smile readily and are willing to talk provided you let your prejudices go. Come with an open heart, and get more than your heart can contain
Day 1 - 08 Apr 2017
We reach Bagdogra Airport and proceed to Okhrey. This will serve as a base for our trek tomorrow. Check – in the homestay and relax. Overnight at Okhrey.
Day 2 - 09 Apr 2017
A half day trek to the Varsey Rhododendron Sanctuary will transport you to a garden of blooms. The Rhododendron trees are set ablaze with the blooming reds or seem candy ridden with the blooming pink. Pick your metaphor, and click your masterpiece. Enjoy a cultural evening. Overnight at Okhrey.
Day 3 - 10 Apr 2017
Start for Pelling after breakfast and visit a suspension bridge, a heritage houseaand a lot of interesting places on the way. Spend the evening arpund the camp fire. Overnight at Pelling.
Day 4 - 11 Apr 2017
Today, we visit places around Pelling like the Kocheopokri Lake, Kanchanjunga Falls, Pamayangtse Monastery and explore other parts of this beautiful West Sikkim town. Overnight at Pelling.
Day 5 - 12 Apr 2017
Visit the Rabandste ruins and move to the lesser known village of Kewzing. Kewzing in local Sikkimese Bhutia language means the “Land of wheat Fields” and is also known as Sosing “land of chestnut forest”. The village has a mere population of two hundred people majorly Sikkimese Bhutia community and is blessed with nature’s bounties. Go for a nature train and enjoy the Bhutia hospitality. Overnight at Kewzing.
Day 6 - 13 Apr 2017
We visit the famous Buddha Park in Ravangla and proceed to our stay in Gangtok. If weather permits we can go for paragliding in the beautiful valley of Gangtok.Spend the evening shopping at the bustling MG Road area and trying out some famous cafes. Overnight at Gangtok.
Day 7 - 14 Apr 2017
After breakfast we take our day trip to Changu Lake. This glacial lake is one of the most beautiful lakes in India and it’s setting amidst the might Himalayas, makes it appear surreal. A visit to the Nathu La is also on the cards, depending on weather conditions and permit. Overnight at Gangtok
Day 8 - 15 Apr 2017
Visit the famous Rumtek monastery and start for Siliguri. Go for a rafting stint at Teesta, if weather permits. Reach Siliguri by evening.Overnight at Siliguri.
Day 9 - 16 Apr 2017
Transfer to Bagdogra Airport after breakfast. Tour Ends
– All meals and evening tea/coffee starting from evening tea on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9.
– Accommodation for 8N/9D on double sharing basis.
– All transportation in Innova or similar vehicles. Tempo Travellers do not ply in Sikkim.
– Permits and tolls
– Entry charges
– Medical expenses
– Extra expenses due to natural occurrence
– Your F5 guide
– Food, snacks other than mentioned
– Camera charges
– Activity charges – Paragliding will cost 2500/ pp for an 8 minute flight and 5000/pp for a long haul flight that will last about 15 minutes. Rafting can accomodate 6 persons/raft and will cost 4500/raft for an advanced trail may be lasting about 20-30 minutes.
– Tips and personal expenses
– Flights from your city of residence to Bagdogra and return
Terms & Conditions
25% of the trip cost if cancelled 60 days in advance. If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply as well.
50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 15 days in advance.
Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
– This is a non-smoking and a non-alcoholic trip for all practical reasons.
– 50% of the trip cost is required to confirm the booking.
– The booking does not include flights as the flight rates are extremely unpredictable. However, we can help you book your flights for the trip
– All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
– F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
– F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on crafting and executing all-women travel experiences in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women. Come, join us, as we work towards redefining the way women travel India.
We all need regular breaks, be it a day’s off from our daily chores, life’s chaos, the work stress, the urban traffic or a relationship crisis. Be it anything, what matters is the break that you need. How often is that idea put into action? Well, we don’t blame you for the inaction. We have been there, done that and hence the idea of F5 Escapes. Let us help you travel. Sustainably, responsibly, safely.