Gujarat is a happy land. You meet helpful people round every corner, smiling and ready to help. It is boisterous in colour and sound, simple in its living and always has a homely feeling to it. And yet, surprisingly, it is not as discovered as it should be. Our 8 day long sojourn in the Gujju land is just to do that.
Let’s feel the much hyped Gujarat with its progressive thinking and traditional living. Discover Ahmedabad, which has been in our minds lately, thanks to a certain Mr. Modi.
And discover Kutch. Splendid, Mysterious and overwhelmingly diverse Kutch. Soak in the landscapes, lore and hospitality. And of course, enjoy the sisterhood of your fellow travellers.
Check out our Video
Day 1 - 24 Dec 2017
Reach Ahmedbad. Today, we are exploring the architectural and gastronomical wonder that Ahmedabad is. Visit Akshardham , Adalaj ni Vava and other places. Celebrate Christmas eve Gujarati style! A wonderful visit to the night market. Overnight at Ahmedabad.
Day 2 - 25 Dec 2017
Before Gujarat became synonymous to Modi, it was synonymous to Mahatma. Today we will have a morning peek in the life of Sabarmati Ashram. We are moving to the Little Rann of Kutch, experiencing a gradual change in the landscape and wildlife. LRK is known for its variety of winged friends and wild ass. Lets meet them all! Overnight at Little Rann of Kutch.
Day 3 - 26 Dec 2017
Let us enter Kutch today. And we enter in style by an open jeep cross country ride into the Rann. Kutch is a unique blend of unimaginable landscapes, harsh life, kind people, magnificent architecture and colourful art. Visit the most beautiful sunset of your life at the Rann of Kutch Lake. And yes! The lake is different from the White salt pans of Rann of Kutch. Didn’t we say that Kutch has unimaginable landscapes?? Oh we did! Overnight at Dholavira
Day 4 - 27 Dec 2017
We visit the pre-Harappan excavation sites of Dholavira today. We move today to Bhuj, the district headquarters of Kutch. Visit the village of Ajrakhpur famous for its block printing. Our stay today is the guest house of a wonderful NGO working on skill developments of the local artisans. Dinner and Overnight at Bhuj.
Day 5 - 28 Dec 2017
We will explore various artisan villages and initiatives. We are sure you will be in awe by the intricacies, colors and beauty of the various handicrafts of Kutch. We check out to explore the palatial glories of Bhuj. Topping it off with yummy and legendary homemade ice cream and stroll in the Bhuj bazar. Overnight at Bhuj.
Day 6 - 29 Dec 2017
Today is the unimaginable landscape day. Get to see the highest peak of Kutch where the jackals come for Prasad. Visit the last point of Indian border for civilians without permit. And (oh! This is the best part) see the white desert in its sparkling white and marshy glory. Overnight at Hodka.
Day 7 - 30 Dec 2017
Today is a light day. Artists, Fossils and a relaxed haveli with a school in the compound are on agenda. If Bhuj didn’t give you your fill of art, we visit another village today to get live demonstrations of Rogan practised by just one family in the world. We will be exploring the rural Kutch today in Devpur. Overnight at Devpur.
Day 8 - 31 Dec 2017
Lakhpat is called a ghost town. Not because of spirits, although any spirit would find that place really serene to rest; but because only 200 or so people live there. The ruins and stories of Lakhpat are beyond thrilling. You can look out at the vast expanse of Rann from the BSF post of the Lakhpat fort. A visit to Koteshwar will give you the peek at the International naval limits of Western India. Welcome the new year around a fire in the beautiful haveli. Overnight at Devpur.
Day 9 - 01 Jan 2018
Interact with the students of the school in Devpur. Check out and visit Mandvi. As if all the landscapes were not enough, Kutch also gives you a beach to frolic at! Visit the palace and relax at a private beach till evening. Proceed to Bhuj for your overnight bus to Ahmedabad.
Day 10 - 02 Jan 2018
Arrive at Ahmedabad airport early morning. Tour ends.
- All meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and two tea/coffee, from Ahmedabad airport to Ahmedabad airport
- Transport in a AC vehicle throughout the trip
- Overnight Volvo bus from Bhuj to Ahmedabad.
- Auto Rickshaws to Ahmedabad airport on the last day.
- All stay on twin sharing basis in Ahmedabad, Little Rann, Dholavira; and on triple sharing basis at Devpur, Bhuj and Hodka where the rooms are family rooms.
- All entry and permit charges.
- Guidance of an F5 traveler.
- 5% GST
- Flights from your city of residence to Ahmedabad
- Food other than inclusions
- Shopping and personal expenses
Terms & Conditions
If cancelled 90 days or more in advance, cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply.
Option of Deffered trip:
You have an option of parking the paid amount with us for a future trip, if you wish to cancel joining this trip 60 days or more in advance.
Following conditions apply:
You need to choose the trip you would like to go with instead (the deferred trip) within 2 months of deciding to cancel.
The travel start date of the deferred trip should be within 6 months from the day you decide to cancel.
There can be only one such change and once you decide the deferred trip, the cancellation policy of that trip applies.
You cannot choose a short trip (less than 5 days) as a deferred trip.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- The trip is NON-SMOKING and NON-ALCOHOLIC.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure timings
Arrival at anytime before 11AM in Ahmedabad on Day 1 & departure, anytime after 8AM on Day 10.
It is the peak of winter in Gujarat, so expect cool to cold weather. Dress up in layers. But also expect sharp sun as this is a desert. Temperature might vary from 12 degree to 25 degree.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
We are staying in a mix of homestays, hotels and resorts.
We have tried and planned your meals at great restaurants/homestays/village etc., but there will be instances where we will need to have lunches on the way from one city to another.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace
- A little bit of walking will be required, especially in the Akshardham temple, while visiting Kalo Dungar, Bhuj Market walk and on the White Rann. You will have to sit and travel in tempo traveller occasionally. We don’t cover too many kilometres in a given day, so it should not be a problem.
- We have a very versatile age group of travellers in this trip, ranging from early 20s to late 40s. Kindly be aware and considerate to your fellow travellers.
- Toilets are generally not a problem but at times when we are driving across the vast desert of Kutch, we may have to resort to the nature’s way of bushes as there is practically nothing else and no one around! The points of departure and arrival will have good toilet facilities.
- Dholavira is an extremely remote place and not many tourists go there. So you will find establishments which are basic and people who are sweet but not well versed with tourism service. Please be patient. Your trip lead will ensure that you get the comfort and basic cleanliness. The place will be totally worth going there. It is one of its kind.
- Kindly cooperate with your trip lead and follow guidelines given by her so that we can execute the plan as smooth as possible.
- Please come with an open mind and we will guarantee you experiences of a lifetime!
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on crafting and executing all-women travel experiences in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women. Come, join us, as we work towards redefining the way women travel India.
We all need regular breaks, be it a day’s off from our daily chores, life’s chaos, the work stress, the urban traffic or a relationship crisis. Be it anything, what matters is the break that you need. How often is that idea put into action? Well, we don’t blame you for the inaction. We have been there, done that and hence the idea of F5 Escapes. Let us help you travel. Sustainably, responsibly, safely.