Rajasthan has evoked very elaborate, colorful and majestic images of heritage and grandiose in the collective imagination of everyone. The largest state of India, Rajasthan has always been associated with the royalty and hence with sturdy forts, lavish palaces and exquisitely carved monuments.
However, this vast expanse of land has so much more to offer. The sand dunes of the Thar desert form the unbelievably romantic setting on a full moon night. Camp under the stars with nothing but slippery, silken sand beneath your tents in Jaiselmer.
The folk music and tales of this state has travelled far and wide, being adapted with time and tastes. But hear them on the soil they were born, is a priceless experience. Get mesmerized with the Kalbelia dance resembling the movements of the King Cobra or lose all worries humming with the sarangi.
Get sucked into the old world of kings and queens visiting the lavish palaces of Jaipur and Jodhpur. Visit the painted havelis of Shekhawati region and take village walks to get a peek of rural Rajasthan. Witness the rural empowerment activities across the state while you get overwhelmed and overfed by the Rajasthani hospitality.
Check out our Video
Day 1 - 04 Nov 2017
Arrive in Jaipur and proceed to Pushkar. Apart from being the holy place for the only Bramha Temple in India, Pushkar at this time of the year is the most sought after place in Rajasthan. Yes, we are talking of the famous Pushkar Fair. Post Lunch, enjoy the fair activities in the mela ground. Overnight at Pushkar.
Day 2 - 05 Nov 2017
After an early morning visit to the Pushkar lake and breakfast, we move to Jodhpur. We visit the Bishnoi village en route. The Bishnois appeared in the collective conscience of the country after the infamous black buck hunting episode by a certain “star”. But they have been living in tandem with nature, respecting earth, trees and wildlife, for centuries. Today we understand their way of living. May be, we will be able to take home some key lessons of living with, and not against, nature.
We indulge in a bit of shopping today at the bazaars of Jodhpur. Overnight at Jodhpur.
Day 3 - 06 Nov 2017
We start our day early and avail sightseeing at the Mehrangarh fort and other palaces around Jodhpur – also called the Blue City due to the blue-painted houses around the Mehrangarh Fort. Post lunch, we proceed to Jaiselmer. Overnight at Jaiselmer.
Day 4 - 07 Nov 2017
The Golden City lies in the heart of the Thar Desert, located on the westernmost frontiers of India. Today, we visit the marvels of architectural finery in Jaiselmer. We end the day by rolling on the sand dunes and riding the camel. Go camera crazy. Become the desert rose.
And we spend the night camping amidst the silken, golden sand dunes where a lavish dinner and a cultural performance await us. Overnight at the Desert Camp.
Day 5 - 08 Nov 2017
Rajasthan is full of surprises. So after the camels, forts, havelis and sand dunes, we take you to visit our beautiful winged friends at Kheechan and our mousy friends at the Karni Mata Temple. Reach Bikaner today and relax. Overnight at Bikaner.
Day 6 - 09 Nov 2017
Start out by visiting the palace and the bazaars of Bikaner. Do not forget to buy the famous Bikaneri Bhujiya. Post lunch, leave for Shekhawati. History has it that in the 18th and 19th centuries, Marwari merchants constructed these grand havelis in the Shekhawati region. Steeped in wealth and affluence, these merchants got busy outdoing others in building more grand edifices – homes, temples, step wells which were richly decorated both inside and outside with painted murals. Go for a city walk today. Overnight in Shekhawati.
Day 7 - 10 Nov 2017
After breakfast, see the painted havelis of Nawalgarh. These are the only havelis in Rajasthan with frescos. Proceed to Jaipur after lunch at an organic farm. Evening visit to Nahargarh to relive the Rang De Basanti nostalgia.
Day 8 - 11 Nov 2017
We explore Jaipur today with all its monuments and pinkish glory. Evening at leisure. You can indulge in shopping in Bapu Bazaar/Johari Bazaar area. Overnight at Jaipur.
Day 9 - 12 Nov 2017
Visit the artists who make the block prints and the blue pottery. See the art taking form. Ask questions. You can also take part in a half day workshop on blue pottery and block printing. Marvel at the process. Trip ends post lunch where we drop you to airport for your flights back home.
- Accommodation on double sharing basis at all mentioned places.
- All meals (breakfast+lunch+dinner+evening tea)from Lunch on Day 1 to Lunch on Day 9
- Transport in an AC vehicle throughout the trip.
- All entry and permit charges
- Guide at Bishnoi village, Jodhpur, Jaiselmer and Jaipur.
- Camel ride at the sand dunes in Jaiselmer
- Food other than inclusions – Breakfast on Day 1 and Dinner on Day 9 are not included.
- Personal expenses
- Flights to Jaipur and back, from your city of residence.
- Guides other than mentioned.
- Any other ride/activity not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Art workshop at INR 750/- per person (please let the lead know in advance if you want to participate.
- 5% GST
Terms & Conditions
If cancelled 90 days or more in advance, cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply.
Option of Deffered trip:
You have an option of parking the paid amount with us for a future trip, if you wish to cancel joining this trip 60 days or more in advance.
Following conditions apply:
You need to choose the trip you would like to go with instead (the deferred trip) within 2 months of deciding to cancel.
The travel start date of the deferred trip should be within 6 months from the day you decide to cancel.
There can be only one such change and once you decide the deferred trip, the cancellation policy of that trip applies.
You cannot choose a short trip (less than 5 days) as a deferred trip.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- The trip is NON-SMOKING and NON-ALCOHOLIC.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
The desert has hot days and cold nights. In November, the climate is cold in the night and pleasant during the day but be prepared for a sharp sun. Temperature might vary from 14 degree to 30 degree.
*Please note that nowadays, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
We are staying in a mix of heritage stays, hotels and desert camp on twin sharing
We have tried and planned your meals at great restaurants/cafes/organic farms/bishnoi village etc., but there will be instances where we will need to have lunches on the way from one city to another.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace
- Please read the itinerary thoroughly. Consider asking questions if needed. We do not promise what we cannot deliver and we like our guests to know what they are signing up for.
- We are staying in a mix of heritage homestays, hotels and desert camp.
- The trip covers a lot of Rajasthan, but do not expect to visit every place in the state. It is the largest state in the country and the distances are mind boggling.
- A fair bit of walking involved during the village walk in Pushkar, Shekhawati and Jodhpur. The inner walled area of every city in Rajasthan is narrow-laned and congested, but it is the most interesting part of the city too. So whether you are shopping in Bapu bazaar in Jaipur, or marvelling at the carved temples in Jaiselmer, your best mode of getting around is on foot. The vehicle will be at the nearest parking.
- Toilets are generally not a problem but at times when we are driving across the vast desert of Thar, we may have to resort to the nature’s way of bushes as there is practically nothing else and no one around! The points of departure and arrival will have good toilet facilities. And the pit stops will be selected with care.
- Kindly cooperate with your trip lead and follow guidelines given by her so that we can execute the plan as smooth as possible.
- Kindly come with an open mind and we will guarantee you experiences of a lifetime!
Interesting Read About Rajasthan
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on crafting and executing all-women travel experiences in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women. Come, join us, as we work towards redefining the way women travel India.
We all need regular breaks, be it a day’s off from our daily chores, life’s chaos, the work stress, the urban traffic or a relationship crisis. Be it anything, what matters is the break that you need. How often is that idea put into action? Well, we don’t blame you for the inaction. We have been there, done that and hence the idea of F5 Escapes. Let us help you travel. Sustainably, responsibly, safely.