Meghalaya is beautiful all the year round. However, this abode of clouds is most famous for its rainfall. We are making a quick getaway to witness the monsoon glory of this state. Gushing waterfalls and green hills, encompassed with clouds, gives this trip an other-worldly feeling. Get your umbrellas out, we are chasing monsoon in the clouds!
Please read everything carefully till the end. You should be sure of what you are signing up for. We welcome your questions.
DATES – 13th to 18th August 2022
DURATION – 5N/6D
Price: INR 39,000 + 5% GST
Single occupancy supplement – INR 13,500 + 5% GST
Day 1 - 13 Aug 2022
Assemble at Guwahati airport and after lunch, proceed to Shillong. On the way, visit the beautiful Umiam Lake. Settle in to your beautiful stay – a restored traditional 60 year old home with all the modern amenities. We will explore some cafes today, in the heart of Shillong. Overnight at Shillong.
Day 2 - 14 Aug 2022
After breakfast, visit the Laitlum Canyon. Also, called the edge of the world, there is nothing better than to sit and stare at the beautiful gorges and sprawling meadows. After lunch, visit the Don Bosco Museum. Indulge in some shopping at Shillong. Overnight at Shillong.
Day 3 - 15 Aug 2022
We will be walking through the Mawphlang Sacred Grove today, listening to the stories of Khasi culture. The 78 hectare of land protected by the deity Labasa, is one of the many sacred forests across Meghalaya. Proceed to Cherrapunjee. We will keep making stops on the way for waterfalls, viewpoints and tea! Check in to your unique stay in Cherrapunjee – built on the strong foundation of rustic and village living blending ethnic Khasi hospitality and picturesque slopes of enchanting hills. Overnight at Cherrapunjee.
Day 4 - 16 Aug 2022
Explore Cherrapunjee in all its monsoon glory. Cover myriad waterfalls – Dainthlen, Nohkalikai, Seven Sisters, et al. Gor for a walk in the Garden of Caves. Soak in, and probably get soaked too. Life in Meghalaya is almost hibernating in monsoon, and we go around the place with only natural beauty for company. The waterfalls of the area – and myriad others – are in full glory. Overnight in Cherrapunjee.
Day 5 - 17 Aug 2022
After breakfast, we move towards Mawlynnong, one of the cleanest villages in India. Take a stroll around the quaint village. Walk by the church and the stream. Visit the single deck living root bridge or riwai and will climb further up for a viewpoint for Bangladesh plains. We then start our journey back to Guwahati. Overnight at Guwahati.
Day 6 - 18 Aug 2022
After breakfast, start for Guwahati airport. Trip ends.
- 5 nights’ stay on double sharing
- A dedicated vehicle throughout the trip
- All meals starting from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 6
- Morning and Evening Tea/Coffee
- Entry tickets to monuments
- Guide for Mawphlang Sacred Grove
- Toll and Parking
- Guidance of an F5er
- Flights from your city of residence to Guwahati and back
- Meals other than specified
- Personal expenses – tips, laundry, beverages, medical expenses
- Camera charges
- Guwahati sightseeing, if your return flight is in the evening. We can arrange it at actuals.
- GST 5%
- Cost arising due to natural occurrences, road closure and flight delays. We will help you navigate them and make alternate arrangements but the cost will be borne by you.
Terms & Conditions
- If cancelled 90 days or more in advance, cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply.
F5 CARES FOR YOUR SAFETY!
- We will be filling only upto 10 seats in a 13 seater vehicle.
- Your tour lead will be fully vaccinated, masked up and will be carrying sanitizer.
- As tourism has picked up, most destinations will most probably be crowded – we are planning our trips such that we do not have to spend a long time in enclosed crowded spaces.
- Proper ventilation in indoor and closed spaces mitigates the viral load and the risk of infection. While we will hire a high quality AC vehicle, we will be using the AC only when it is required. For the most part, we will encourage the windows to be open and fresh air to circulate in the vehicle.
- It is mandatory to be fully vaccinated to be a part of F5 trips.
- Please go through the guidelines of Meghalaya Tourism here. We will be generating the e-invite for you, as a part of the group. https://www.meghalayatourism.in/travel-norms/. These are subject to change and we will closely monitor the change in guidelines, if any.
- Please do keep in mind that even restaurants where we stop on the highway for breakfast/tea might be crowded. Always exercise caution.
- Please do not travel if you have symptoms prior to the trip – for your own and other people’s safety.
- ALWAYS mask up, carry your sanitizer and take all precautions while on the trip. Stay safe and have fun!
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
- Arrive before 11:30 AM in Guwahati on Day 1. Depart anytime on Day 6. The hotel check out will be at 11 AM.
- This is a monsoon trip in the wettest place on earth! Expect wet climate throughout, but that is the fun of it. Temperatures will be pleasant to cold.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
- Shillong – A beautiful, locally run BnB built in the 60s, with all modern conveniences.
- Cherrapunjee – A locally run resort where each cottage is built in a different style, using traditional architecture of the region. Spread over 69 acres, with a stream within the property, each cottage is a unit in itself with a centralised kitchen.
- Guwahati – A quaint Assamese style mansion
- Simple Indian food such as rotis/dal, rice etc. Toast/Omelettes will be available.
- Most of the local cuisine in Meghalaya is non-vegetarian; a majority of them contain pork; and we will request those dishes if you want. Cafes in Shillong will have a great continental fare.
- If you have special dietary requests, please let us know beforehand.
- It would also be a good idea to carry some meal packets with you if you have special requirements.
- Please note that there is no dearth of vegetarian food, but please do not expect an all-vegetarian (only vegetarian) place to eat. Those are almost impossible to find in Meghalaya.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace
- You are advised to have enough change of socks and essentials, as well as a rain poncho, umbrella
- Shoes will get wet. If you have sturdy water resistant shoes, that is great. Crocs/Floaters as a back up footwear will be required.
- Sun rises very early in North East. It will be very bright by 7am, and absolutely dark by 5PM. So the days will have to start early. Please cooperate with the trip lead. Being a rural area, Cherrapunjee doesn’t offer much of night life. So it will be early to bed and early to rise.
- This trip is about soaking in the natural splendour of Meghalaya in thick rain. The trip will be slow in pace and low on activity.
- Please note that heavy monsoon means power cuts. Though the places of stay has power back up, they will not be able to power a water geyser. In case of a power outage, warm water (from wood fire or lpg) will be provided to you in buckets.
Note about Smoking & Alcohol
Everyone joining is an adult and we realise that we cannot dictate the behaviour on how you should enjoy the trip. All we ask is to drink responsibly. Hangover delays are going to cost a lot of time, and will not be tolerated at all, especially considering that this is an active trip. Excessive drinking on higher altitudes can result in serious dehydration and should be avoided. So please do not test your limits and enjoy in moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable.
If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray. Smoking in the vehicle is not allowed.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.