In the famous words of Jahangir, “Gar firdaus, ruhe zamin ast, hamin asto, hamin asto, hamin ast” (If there is ever a heaven on earth, it’s here, it’s here, it’s here). Kashmir is dotted with beautiful lakes, surrounded by magnificent valleys. And it is bestowed with nature’s bounty in terms of fruits and flowers. We are going to experience the most amazing display of tulips to be found in Asia.
Srinagar is a city with a heart-wrenching past and present. To understand India, it is important to understand Kashmir. Surprisingly, most Indians don’t, let alone the world.
Price: INR 49,500 + 5% GST
Single supplement surcharge – INR 15,000 + 5% GST
Day 1 - 09 Apr 2022
Welcome to Srinagar. Check in to your homestay and have lunch. Today is a light day. If energy permits, visit the Tulip Gardens. Overnight at homestay in Srinagar.
Day 2 - 10 Apr 2022
After breakfast start for the beautiful meadows of Doodhpathri, 50 kms from Srinagar. Enjoy the beautiful vistas, shepherd huts. Return to Srinagar and go for a heritage walk. Get a glimpse of the old city, heritage monuments, local architecture, local markets and day-to-day life of Srinagar. Try some street food and Kashmiri breads. End the day with a traditional Wazwan dinner. Overnight at homestay in Srinagar.
Day 3 - 11 Apr 2022
After breakfast proceed to Gulmarg. Gulmarg is at 8700 feet and is known as the Meadow of flowers. Enjoy a ride at both levels on Gondola. Enjoy the available activities. Return to Srinagar. Overnight at homestay in Srinagar.
Day 4 - 12 Apr 2022
After breakfast proceed to Pahalgam – Valley of Shepherds. On the way visit the Cricket Bat Factory, Awantipora Ruins and a local Cheese factory. Enjoy the evening at the banks of the Lidder river. Overnight at Pahalgam.
Day 5 - 13 Apr 2022
After breakfast, proceed on a tour to Aru Valley, Chandanwari and Betaab valley, famous for their scenic beauty. After lunch, proceed to Srinagar from Pahalgam. Check in to your houseboat on Nigeen Lake. Overnight at a houseboat in Srinagar.
Day 6 - 14 Apr 2022
After breakfast, start on a guided craft walk. Watch master craftsmen create delicate art and get an appreciation of the production process, raw materials & techniques involved in each craft followed by discussions led by craft experts. Post lunch, visit the famous gardens of Srinagar and revisit the Tulip Garden once again for the wonderful blooms. Go on a Shikara ride and witness the floating gardens, vendors selling their wares on the lake. You may indulge in water activities like jet skiing etc. Overnight at a houseboat in Srinagar.
Day 7 - 15 Apr 2022
If you want to witness how the lakes are a part of local life, get up at 4:30 AM and go for a shikara ride to the morning flower and vegetable market. Return to the stay by 8 AM. After breakfast, start for Sonmarg. Instead of the typical sightseeing, today, we will go on a little 1-hour hike towards the Thajiwas Glacier! You may opt for a pony at your own cost. Return to Srinagar via Kheer Bhawani temple and Hazratbal mosque. Overnight at Srinagar houseboat.
Day 8 - 16 Apr 2022
After breakfast, depart at 8 am to the airport with sweet memories. Tour ends.
- Accommodation for 7 nights on double sharing
- Transport in SUVs (Innova or similar) throughout the trip
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, evening tea/coffee) starting from lunch on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 8.
- All entries to monuments
- Guided heritage walk in Srinagar
- Guided craft walk in Srinagar
- Guide for Gulmarg
- Guide for the hike near Sonmarg
- Tickets for Gondola Ride in Gulmarg – both levels
- Shikara ride around floating garden in Srinagar
- Shikara ride to early morning vegetable and flower market in Srinagar
- Guidance of an F5er
- Flights to Srinagar from your city of residence and return
- Tips and other expenses of personal nature like shopping, laundry etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Anything not specifically mentioned in inclusions.
- Charges for activities not mentioned in the inclusions – pony ride in Gulmarg and Thajiwas Glacier, water sports on the Nigeen Lake.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
Terms & Conditions
- If you cancel 90 days or more in advance, the cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if it is cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges will apply.
F5 CARES FOR YOUR SAFETY!
- We will be filling only upto 10 seats in a 13 seater vehicle.
- Your tour lead will be fully vaccinated, masked up and will be carrying sanitizer.
- As tourism picks up, most destinations will most probably be crowded – we are planning our trips such that we do not have to spend a long time in enclosed crowded spaces.
- Proper ventilation in indoor and closed spaces mitigates the viral load and the risk of CoViD infection. While we will hire a high quality AC vehicle, we will be using the AC only when it is absolutely required. For the most part, we will encourage the windows to be open and fresh air to circulate in the vehicle.
- It is mandatory to be fully vaccinated to be a part of F5 trips.
- Please do keep in mind that even restaurants where we stop on the highway for breakfast/tea might be crowded. Always exercise caution.
- Please do not travel if you have symptoms prior to the trip – for your own and other people’s safety.
- ALWAYS mask up, carry your sanitizer and take all precautions while on the trip. Stay safe and have fun!
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure timings:
This trip is to Ex-Srinagar. Joining us from a different city?
Arrive in Srinagar before 12 Noon on Day 1 and depart after 11 am on Day 8.
Note on Weather:
This will be spring in Kashmir and the weather will be pleasant in Srinagar ranging from 6 degrees at night to around 18degrees during the day. Warm clothings and jackets will be required. Pahalgam and Gulmarg will be cold.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days.
About your stay:
Srinagar – A beautiful family run homestay in Rajbagh area and a beautiful, well-appointed houseboat on the Nigeen Lake.
Pahalgam – A cute family run cottage by the banks of the Lidder river.
We will be staying with the locals. Please do come with the view of respecting the sanctity of a home and appreciating the warmth and hospitality.
On twin sharing – The homestays usually do not have twin bedded arrangements. We will try our best or will provide each guest with a blanket of their own if it is a double bed.
Authentic Kashmiri food wherever possible.
Simple Indian food such as rotis/dal, rice etc. Toast/Omlettes will be available.
If you have special dietary requests, please let us know beforehand.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
- Kashmir is constantly in the news, yes, however, tourists do continue to flock to the region in spring. Tourists are treated with immense respect and are allowed to move around. Life goes on in Kashmir and tourism continues to be the backbone of their economy. You will be required to sign a consent form that you understand the risks involved and consent to join us on the trip.
- Srinagar is an Army airport and is very small compared to other airports in India. There will be multiple checks, so you are advised to leave the stay 3 hours prior to your flight, on the last day.
- Sonmarg – Thajiwas Glacier trek is an easy 6 kms walk (3 kms one way) along a well-defined path, which would take approximately 1-1.5 hour one way. It just requires a basic level of fitness. However, if you have any knee issues / respiratory problems, you may stay back in Srinagar/Sonmarg or can hire a pony at their own cost from Sonmarg.
- Please be dressed conservatively in Kashmir as this is a sensitive area. Jeans/full length trousers with tops are common among tourists, however, any skin revealing clothes might be frowned upon.
- Sundays are holidays in Srinagar and establishments may be closed. Kindly respect that. Fridays are namaz days and traffic jams/ delays are to be expected.
- In case there are delays, cancellation or change of plans due to climate (snow or rain) or political conditions, F5 Escapes will help you manage that but will not bear the extra cost involved.
Note About SMOKING & ALCOHOL:
Everyone joining is an adult and we realise that we cannot dictate the behaviour on how you should enjoy the trip. Each destination offers a locally brewed wine or beer and we would love for you to try them. All we ask is to drink responsibly.
Hangover delays are going to cost a lot, and will not be tolerated at all. So please do not test your limits and enjoy moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable.
If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray. Smoking at high altitude is not recommended.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.