We have all witnessed and chased fireflies as children. There was a certain magic in those quick, shining flickering lights in the dark. Of course, with time glaring neon lights took over our night sky.
Relive your childhood with your kid, and witness thousands of those fireflies. Come with us on Coorg, and live in the beautiful time bubble, where things are green, natural and beautiful. Learn about organic cultivation and solar living.
Who’s up for some green-bonding with her darling child!! To book seat for your children, contact us on [email protected] or 080-39510700.
||7000+ 5% GST|
||5000 + 5% GST|
||4000 + 5% GST|
||3500 + 5% GST|
Check out our Video
Day 1 - 20 Apr 2018
We take the late night bus to Coorg.
Day 2 - 21 Apr 2018
Day 3 - 22 Apr 2018
After early breakfast, we can go the nearby stream and also learn about the amazing biodiversity of the region. Snails, birds, and if you get lucky – even reptiles – you can spot them all! Spot these beautiful creatures with a lot of help from the hosts. Take the bus at noon and reach Bangalore by evening.
- Stay on sharing basis – the cottages are large and have attic space for kids to bunk up together.
- All meals on Day 1. Breakfast, Lunch and Tea on Day 2.
- All activities
- Bus ticket (Volvo) from Bangalore to and fro Madikeri
- Transport from bus stop to the estate
- Laundry and tips
- Personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- 5% GST
Terms & Conditions
- Upto 10 days prior prior to the date of commencement of trip – 25% deducted and 75% refunded.
- Upto 5 days prior to the date of commencement of trip – 50% deducted and rest refunded.
- Within 5 days of the commencement of trip/Last day intimation/no show – No refund.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
- The trip is NON-SMOKING and NON-ALCHOHOLIC.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
The weather will be pleasant throughout the stay. It will get sunny during noon, so caps and sun glasses are advisable. You may need a light sweatshirt or jacket for the evenings.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
We are staying right in the middle of nature. We will be spending all our time amidst an organic coffee estate. We emphasize on “organic” because that ensures a lot of biodiversity that otherwise gets obliterated in a pesticide ridden environment. This place hosts a lot of naturalists and biologists who come for their research in Coorg and also is long term home to very many photographers. It is almost completely electrified through solar power.
Simple organic food at the estate
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace
- Do expect bit of walking, although you can choose to opt out and relax in the estate if you or your child is not upto it.
- The experience of community living is a highlight of this trip. We will be sharing the accommodation as the cottages are big enough to accommodate a family. The attic at the top of the house is the favourite play area for children. The feeling of living at home is what we will try to build up.
- The trip is planned around kids and is intended as a bonding experience for you and your child. We will be soaking in Coorg and its biodiversity and witness the fireflies in abundance, but sightseeing of major attractions are not a part of the plan.
Interesting Read About Coorg
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.