Hampi is a heady mix. It is a cocktail of most unlikely ingredients thrown in together. It is definitely a window to a glorious past, rightly famous for the intricate carvings and the legends. But there is so much more to Hampi. The moment you hit the periphery, you are spellbound by the landscape. You will witness some very beautiful and heart warming initiatives taken for the community by the community. Add to this an agricultural setting and some really exotic birds, and you have a vacation you will not forget in a long long time.
Experience history and the grandeur of the bygone era with F5 Escapes.
Day 1 - 07 Nov 2019
Leave Bangalore around 10 PM to Hampi. It would be an overnight journey. Reach the historic town by 6:00 AM, the next day.
Day 2 - 08 Nov 2019
Reach early morning and catch a shut eye. After the breakfast, we will do a heritage walk around the village and also visit the cave paintings from the Iron Age. A visit to the banana factory before lunch, where you can shop to your heart’s content.
After a sumptuous organic meal and some rest, set out for a coracle ride in the Tungabhadra. Spend the sunset gazing out in horizon near the river.
Stay in a traditionally built house which, originally, was home to the book keepers of the Vijaynagara Kingdom. Dinner and overnight at Annegundi
Day 3 - 09 Nov 2019
You may go for an early morning hike to the Anjanadri Hill, said to be the birthplace of Hanuman. After breakfast, cross the river to Hampi and enter the bygone era. We are visiting the beautiful and ancient monuments today. An evening ride to the beautiful Jangli valley and Sanapur Lake is on the cards. Overnight at Annegundi.
Day 4 - 10 Nov 2019
Go for an early morning bird watching tour around the Kamlapur village. Hampi attracts a lot of migratory birds and has some of the best sightings of local avians. Have breakfast near the birding site and return to Annegundi. Relax for a bit and leave with packed lunch.
We will find a picnic spot on the way to have lunch and reach Bangalore by late evening.
- All meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and two tea/coffee – from breakfast on 8th November to evening tea on 10th November
- Transport in an AC vehicle throughout the trip except for the Hampi tour which will happen in auto rickshaws
- All stays on double sharing basis
- All entry and permit charges.
- Ferry and Coracle ride
- Guided tours for Hampi, and Kamlapur birding circuit
- Your F5 guide
- Food other than inclusions.
- Personal expenses
- Camera fee
- Any expenses due to natural or political occurrence. The contingency will be managed by F5 but the expenses will be shared.
- Guides other than mentioned.
- 5% GST
Terms & Conditions
- Upto 30 days prior to the date of commencement of trip – 25% deducted and 75% refunded as cash.
- Upto 11 days prior to the date of commencement of trip – 50% deducted and rest refunded as cash.
- Within 10 days of the commencement of trip/Last day intimation/no show – No refund.
- There is fair bit of walking involved – while the village walk.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- The trip is NON-SMOKING and NON-ALCOHOLIC.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure timings
- This trip is Ex-Bangalore. Joining us from different city?
- Reach Bangalore on 7th Nov by 7PM or and book your return journey after 10PM on 10th November.
- The weather will be pleasant but the afternoons will get hot.
- *Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
- The stay at Annegundi is an ancestral village house will a pleasant aura. We have the whole house to ourselves and the bathrooms are common.
- We will try and have a mix of local thalis, mostly grown locally.
- Non-vegetarian options can sometimes be unavailable on certain parts of town where we would be dining as we are visiting and old temple town/area.
- Dining areas at the ancestral homes may need you to walk a few meters to reach them. In Anegundi, the dining takes place in another location, 100 mts from the house.
- Alcoholic drinks are not a part of the package. Non-alcoholic drinks will be one per meal
- If you have special dietary requests, please let us know beforehand.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace :
- We are trying to explore a bygone era but we are not doing just monuments. The idea is to also explore the natural beauty of Hampi.
- You will need more than a fortnight to cover every monument in this circuit, so we have curated some of the most important and interesting set of monuments for you, giving you a contrast between different architectures and natural beauty, as well as birding.
- The bathrooms in the ancestral home at Anegundi are shared but we will have the whole house to our group.
- ATM in Anegundi and Hampi are not always working due to network issues
- BSNL works in most parts of Hampi but the network is unreliable
- There will be a lot of walking involved, as exploring the ruins and the heritage sites could happen quite at length. Each Heritage site sometimes is spread across a vast area and so could end up taking a lot of time with us standing and listening to the history or taking a stroll around the complexes.
- Hampi is at quite a distance from Bangalore and hence the road travel will take time.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.