Madurai or ‘Thoonga Nagaram’ (The city that never sleeps) is the cultural capital of Tamil Nadu with a strong Tamil history and is one of the seats of the Tamil Sangam literature. Explore with us the rich heritage of Tamil Nadu with stories.
Also get a peek of the mammoth luxurious mansions of the Chettinad region, etched with Belgian glass and hand painted floor tiles.
Try authentic and local food and revel in the sweet fragrance of Jasmine flowers of Madurai.
Come, explore this enchanting part of Tamil Nadu with F5.
Dates: 27th to 31st July, 2022
Price: INR 32,500 + 5% GST
Duration – 4N/5D
Single occupancy surcharge – INR 9,500 + 5% GST
Day 1 - 27 Jul 2022
Arrive and settle in Madurai. Set out to explore the city post lunch. Understand the city’s history and explore the attractions here including the Thirumalai Nayakkar Mahal, Meenakshi Amman Temple and the shopping complexes around. If time permits, visit Gandhi museum and Thirupparankundram. Overnight at Madurai.
Day 2 - 28 Jul 2022
After breakfast, set out for Tanjore. Today you will experience one of the most inspiring and imposing pieces of architecture – The 11th century Brihadisvara Temple complex in Tanjore. It is the largest temple complex in India and one of the largest in the world, bearing testimony to the great Chola dynasty. We will also visit the Tanjore palace complex, which presents the region’s rich Maratha history. Overnight at Tanjore.
Day 3 - 29 Jul 2022
We will proceed to Rameshwaram after an early breakfast. We will visit Pamban bridge on the way. Check in and proceed to visit Dhanushkodi. Dhanushkodi is a ghost town which was declared unfit for living by the government post the disastrous 1964 cyclone. Did you know the story behind the train that disappeared into the sea? Know it all today. We will also visit the Rameswaram temple. Overnight at Rameshwaram.
Day 4 - 30 Jul 2022
After an early breakfast, visit the wonderful Memorial built for our great missile man, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. If time permits, we may visit Devipattinam. Continue the journey onward to Chettinaad region. Have the local tour of Kanadukathan town with experiences of saree weaving and tile making added in. Also explore the huge mansions of Kanadukathan and enjoy your grand dinner. Stay in Kanadukathan.
Day 5 - 31 Jul 2022
After breakfast, leave for Madurai, take a bus/train/flight to your respective destinations. Tour ends.
- All meals from day 1 lunch to day 5 breakfast. Total 12 meals included.
- Two cups of tea/coffee per day
- Transport in an AC vehicle throughout the trip
- All stay on twin sharing basis
- All entry, parking and permit charges
- Local Guide charges at Madurai, Tanjore and Rameswaram temple
- Temple special entry tickets
- Guidance of an F5 tour lead all through the trip.
- Flight/bus/train tickets to Madurai from your city of residence and back.
- Tips, Shopping, Camera charges, Any Personal Expenses.
- Food other than inclusions.
- Travel Insurance
- Anything not included in inclusions.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspect beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
- 5 % GST
Terms & Conditions
- Upto 30 days prior to the date of commencement of trip – 25% deducted and 75% refunded as cash.
- Upto 11 days prior to the date of commencement of trip – 50% deducted and rest refunded as cash.
- Within 10 days of the commencement of trip/Last day intimation/no show – No refund.
- COVID cancellation: If the trip gets cancelled because of lockdown or travel regulations at the destination, we will refund you in money+credit notes. The entire worth will be refunded in a combination of these. However, if you cancel on your own because of safety concerns and/or being Covid positive, we cannot promise any refund beyond the applicable refund.
F5 CARES FOR YOUR SAFETY!
- We will be filling only upto 10 seats in a 13 seater vehicle.
- Your tour lead will be fully vaccinated, masked up and will be carrying sanitizer.
- As tourism has picked up, please expect a crowd in most places.
- It is mandatory for adults to be fully vaccinated to be a part of F5 trips.
- Please do keep in mind that even restaurants where we stop on the highway for breakfast/tea might be crowded. Always exercise caution.
- Please do not travel if you have symptoms prior to the trip – for your own and other people’s safety.
- ALWAYS mask up, carry your sanitizer and take all precautions while on the trip. Stay safe and have fun!
- All the temple complexes are huge, so please be prepared for quite a bit of walking.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
- The trip is NON-SMOKING and NON-ALCOHOLIC.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival and Departure
This trip is to Ex-Madurai. Joining us from a different city?
Madurai is very well connected by air, train and road.
Arrive no later than 1 PM on 27 July 2022 and plan your return after 1 PM on 31 July 2022.
We will arrange for authentic Chettinaad and Madurai food, which will include non-vegetarian options. However, we cannot guarantee availability of non-vegetarian food in Rameshwaram. If you have any specific meal preferences / dietary requirements, please let us know beforehand.
We will be staying in well-appointed hotels in Madurai, Tanjore and Rameshwaram and in a beautiful Chettinaad style stay in Karaikudi.
July is the season of mild weather (About 30 degree Celsius) in Madurai, but given that Madurai weather is ‘hot, hotter, hottest’ all through the year, brace yourself for some heat and humidity in the coastal region, with occasional showers.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
- Madurai and surrounding areas are steeped in Tamil culture and rich history. If you are not that interested in culture and heritage, you can consider some other trips of ours. If you love stories, history and experiencing local culture through their temples and food, then this trip is for you.
- This trip will have a lot of temple visits. We will try keeping it as non-religious and as story-oriented and culture oriented as possible.
- Interior TamilNadu has a very scant number of people who can understand or communicate in Hindi. Our tour lead would be someone who can converse in Tamil, Hindi and English well.
- This trip will require a fair bit of walking as all temple complexes are huge.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.