Pondicherry is like cassata ice cream – this place has many layers to it, each sweet in its own way! Consider Auroville, one of the best examples of community living anywhere in the world. Then, there are the French and Tamil quarters in Pondy town that present endless opportunities for exploration. Finally, the mangroves that no one told you about! By the way, when we talk about Pondicherry, can Mahabalipuram’s rich heritage be left behind?
Come, explore this part of our diverse country with F5 Escapes.
Dates: 20th July 2023 – 23rd July 2023 (3N/4D)
Price: INR 24500 + 5% GST
Single occupancy surcharge – INR 6000 + 5% GST
Day 1 - 20 Jul 2023
Reach Chennai in the morning. Start for Pondicherry before noon. On the way, visit Dakshinachitra. Dakshin Chitra is an exciting cross cultural living museum of art, architecture, lifestyles, crafts and performing arts of South India. Proceed to Mahabalipuram, which is a popular destination for its Pallava dynasty sculptures, shore temple and beach. Reach Auroville by evening. Relax by the beach. Overnight at Auroville.
Day 2 - 21 Jul 2023
We will embark on a day trip to Pichavaram today after an early breakfast. Did you know that Pichavaram is the second largest mangrove forest in the world? Boating through the crisscrossing mangrove channels, witnessing the beautiful bird life, is on the agenda. Start back to Pondicherry, stopping en route at Paradise beach and Chunnambar. Reach Pondicherry White town area for early evening. In the evening, take a heritage walk of the White town, later visit Aurobindo ashram and Manakkula Vinayagar temple. Have a lovely dinner in the city and get back to Auroville. Overnight at Auroville.
Day 3 - 22 Jul 2023
We will explore Auroville today. It is one of the finest examples for community living in the country. Visit the Matrimandir view point and explore the beautiful campus that is Auroville. A lovely village walk, scrumptious lunch and a sound garden tour are on the cards. Leave for Chennai by evening. Overnight at Chennai.
Day 4 - 23 Jul 2023
Enjoy your breakfast, visit the impressive Santhome Cathedral and the beautiful Chennai lighthouse to catch a glimpse of the Marina beach, the second longest beach in the world. Leave for the airport/station with lingering memories. 🙂
- Accommodation for 3N/4D on double occupancy.
- Local transport in A/c vehicle all through the trip.
- Pichavaram entry and boating tickets.
- All meals from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 4 and tea/coffee.
- Monuments entrance fees / Parking / Toll etc.
- Heritage walk in Pondicherry
- Village walk and sound garden tour in Auroville
- Coordination and guidance of an F5 traveler.
- Tea-time snacks and meals other than mentioned
- Packaged/Bottled water
- Camera charges
- Activity charges other than mentioned
- Tips and personal expenses
- Flights/Train from your city of residence to Chennai and return.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
- 5 % GST
Terms & Conditions
- 15% of the trip cost if cancelled 90 days or more in advance.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if it is cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges will apply
F5 CARES FOR YOUR SAFETY!
- We will be filling only up to 10 seats in a 12 seater vehicle.
- Your tour lead will be fully vaccinated, masked up and will be carrying sanitizer.
- As tourism has picked up, most destinations will most probably be crowded – we are planning our trips such that we do not have to spend a long time in enclosed crowded spaces.
- It is mandatory to be fully vaccinated to be a part of F5 trips.
- Please do keep in mind that even restaurants where we stop on the highway for breakfast/tea might be crowded. Always exercise caution.
- Please do not travel if you have symptoms prior to the trip – for your own and other people’s safety.
- ALWAYS mask up, carry your sanitizer and take all precautions while on the trip. Stay safe and have fun!
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival/ Departure timings
This trip is to Ex-Chennai. Joining us from a different city?
Reach Chennai on Day 1 by 9 AM and book your return journey from Chennai after 2 PM on Day 4.
Being the coastal region in Tamil Nadu, expect humid weather. Though this part of the country is fairly hot through the year, with temperature ranging from 25 to 35 degree Celsius, expect fairly cool mornings, humid and sunny afternoons and cool evenings with the sea breeze kicking in.
*Please note that nowadays, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence the above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days.*
Note about Smoking and Alcohol
Everyone joining is an adult and we realise that we cannot dictate the behaviour on how you should enjoy the trip. All we ask is to respect your roommate’s comfort and smoke outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray.
About your stay
- Pondicherry – A premium private farm house stay in Auroville.
- Chennai – A 4-star hotel at the heart of the city.
We have tried and planned your meals at great restaurants/ homestays etc. Tamil Nadu is known for its authentic cuisines and Pondicherry, for its French influences on local culture. Expect a culinary treat!
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace
- A little bit of walking will be required. Please let us know well in advance if you have any knee issues.
- We will be visiting the Matrimandir viewpoint but we will not be able to gain entry to the inner chamber. It is not a tourist spot – it is a place for meditation and it cannot be pre-booked by travel agents or tour operators.
- There are several sights and walks included which could be a bit overwhelming. Kindly cooperate with us and we will ensure a smooth experience for the group.
- Our group could be a mix of vegetarians and non-vegetarians. We will ensure that you get the food for your preference. So, while you will get your vegetarian food, kindly understand that the restaurant might also be serving non-veg. If you are a non-vegetarian, please do not be offended if your fellow traveler opts for a different table because she may not be okay with the smell.
- Kindly respect the sanctity of each home, be aware and considerate to your fellow travelers and we promise you a GREAT time together!
- We are trying to be eco-friendly, avoid plastic bottles and minimize littering. Kindly help us in that regard by carrying your own bottles.
Interesting Read About Pondicherry & around
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.