We think the world has been unfair to Goa in so many ways; but mostly because we have thought of it as just a beach and beer place. Goa is so much more than that. It has a rich heritage and history. Old Portuguese mansions, quaint islands, heritage walks, backwaters, waterfalls, and forests that glow!
Monsoon, typically an off-season, is one of the best times to explore this entirely different face of Goa. We bring you a trip that curates the most exciting and interesting experiences the state has to offer, including lip-smacking Goan cuisine. Stay in heritage properties and nature retreats, making it a perfect monsoon getaway!
Day 1 - 12 Aug 2023
Arrive at the Dabolim airport by 2 PM. Proceed to check in to a 100 year old Portuguese villa on Divar Island. Experience a slower pace of being, and soak in the old world charm and peaceful surrounding.
Go for a guided walk around the island. Discover the island’s multicultural heritage of ancient Hindu temples and 18th Century churches, with the backdrop of a sleepy, green and panoramic island. Enjoy a musical performance by a local musician and end the evening with a Goan dinner. Overnight at Divar Island.
Day 2 - 13 Aug 2023
After breakfast checkout & take a morning heritage walk of Old Goa. Discover the stories of Goa’s former Portuguese empire, Old Goa’s churches, and legends of hidden passages and tombs. This is not a history lesson but a storytelling session on the go!
We then proceed to Sancordem, close to Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary. Check in to your stay with mud lined rooms, offering a rural Goan experience.
After lunch, go for a plantation trail that the stay is set in and end the evening with folk dance and dinner. Overnight at Sancordem.
Day 3 - 14 Aug 2023
Wake up to beautiful surroundings. After breakfast take a trek to nearby waterfall. After lunch, visit a 13th century Lord Shiva temple in Tambdi Surla built by the Kadamba Dynasty . Evening is at leisure. Late evening, get ready to experience the magical bioluminescent fungi trail. Overnight at Sancordem.
Day 4 - 15 Aug 2023
After breakfast and beautiful experiences captured, start for Panjim. Visit Fort Aguada and go for a Konkani lunch. Check into a heritage hotel in the heart of the Latin Quarter of Fontainhas. In the evening, go for a guided walk of the Latin Quarters. Transport yourself into a bygone era, visit century old establishments including the oldest bakery, listen to the musicians and shop at local stores.
The evening ends with a food walk. Not only try the local food at local establishments that have been around for years, also get to hear the untold stories of the evolution of Goan cuisine.
Overnight at Panjim.
Day 5 - 16 Aug 2023
Have breakfast and get dropped at the airport. Trip Ends.
- 3 meals a day starting from dinner on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 6.
- Evening tea/coffee
- Accommodation for 4N on double sharing basis.
- All transportation as per the itinerary. Please note that vehicles are planned from point to point basis and are not available during all hours
- Guided tour of Divar Island on Day 1
- Guided Old Goa heritage walk on Day 2
- Guided plantation tour on Day 2
- Guided trek to waterfall on Day 3
- Late evening bioluminescent fungi trail on Day 3
- Fontainhas Heritage walk and food trail walk on Day 4.
- All entry tickets
- Tolls and Parking
- Your F5 guide
- Tea-time snacks and meals other than mentioned
- Packaged/Bottled water
- Camera charges
- Activity charges other than mentioned
- Tips and personal expenses
- Flights/Trains/Bus from your city of residence to Panjim and return
- 5% GST
Terms & Conditions
- 15% of the trip cost if cancelled 90 days or more in advance.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if it is cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges will apply
- 50% of the trip cost is required to confirm the booking.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure
Reach Goa (Dabolim Airport) by 2 PM on Day 1 and fly out any time after 11 AM. If you are using the train or bus to reach Goa, please reach Panjim bus stand. If you are flying into North Goa airport in Mopa, additional pick up charges will apply.
We will be in the middle of monsoon and you should be prepared to get wet. Carry enough change of clothes and socks, as well as a raincoat and an umbrella.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days.
Stays during the trip offer a variety of experiences from Portuguese style villas to ancestral homes turned heritage hotels to a stay completely surrounded by nature.
- Divar – A 100 year old Portuguese boutique villa, surrounded by the waters of the Mandovi River .
- Sancordem – A stay catering to nature and wildlife. Mud lined cottages offer a Goan village experience.
- Panjim – A 130 years old family mansion heritage hotel providing Old World Goan hospitality.
- We will try to have a mix of local thalis, continental fare and street food. There will be seafood in a couple of dinners but not all. Meals where sea food (prawns, lobsters, crabs etc.) is not a part, you can order those dishes at your expense. Fish and meat will be available as non-vegetarian options in most meals.
- Alcoholic drinks are not a part of the package. Non-alcoholic drinks will be one per meal.
- If you have special dietary requests, please let us know beforehand.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace
- Most important – This is not a typical beach and party trip. We are trying to explore a very different aspect of Goa in unusual weather. Rain will drive us indoors and there will be some segments where we will be just relaxing at the beautiful places. We may have to juggle some plans around depending on the weather. Please come with an open mind. If Goa still means beach, beer and party to you, we may not be a right fit.
- Our stay in Sancordem is next to a wildlife sanctuary. Being monsoon, insects are common. You are safe, but please do not be horrified if a grasshopper or cicada pays a visit.
- We will have salt sachets for the leeches. Please don’t worry about them. Leeches are a part of the monsoon in Goa and traditionally a medical therapy.
- There is quite a bit of walking involved in this trip, but apart from the simple trail walking in the forest, most are leisurely walks.
- This is a group trip. You will be signing up after reading the itinerary and asking questions. Please do not try to change the itinerary as per your preference. If you would like to go out on your own in Panjim, we can arrange a vehicle at extra cost. However, there will be no change made in the itinerary on your accord.
Interesting Read About Goa
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.