Gujarat is a happy land. You meet helpful people round every corner, smiling and ready to help. It is boisterous in colour and sound, simple in its living and always has a homely feeling to it. And yet, surprisingly, it is not as discovered as it should be. Our 10 day long sojourn in the Gujju land is just to do that.
Let’s feel the much hyped Gujarat with its progressive thinking and traditional living. Discover Ahmedabad, which has been in our minds lately, thanks to a certain Mr. Modi.
And discover Kutch. Splendid, Mysterious and overwhelmingly diverse Kutch. Soak in the landscapes, lore and hospitality. And of course, enjoy the sisterhood of your fellow travellers.
Call us at 080 – 3951 0700 if this interests you. We are your friendly sistahs here. 🙂
Check out our Video
Day 1 - 22 Dec 2018
Reach Ahmedabad. Today, we are exploring the architectural and gastronomical wonder that Ahmedabad is. Visit Akshardham , Adalaj ni Vav and other places. A wonderful visit to the night market. Overnight at Ahmedabad
Day 2 - 23 Dec 2018
Today we will have a morning peek in the life of Sabarmati Ashram and soak in the calm. We move to a authentic Gujarati breakfast and proceed to the Little Rann of Kutch, experiencing a gradual change in the landscape and wildlife. LRK is known for its variety of winged friends and wild ass. Lets meet them all! Overnight at Little Rann of Kutch.
Day 3 - 24 Dec 2018
Let us enter Kutch today. If weather permits, we enter in style by an open jeep cross country ride into the Rann. Kutch is a unique blend of unimaginable landscapes, harsh life, kind people, magnificent architecture and colourful art. Visit the beautiful sunset at the Rann of Kutch Lake. And yes! The lake is different from the White salt pans of Rann of Kutch. Didn’t we say that Kutch has unimaginable landscapes?? Oh we did! Overnight at Dholavira.
Day 4 - 25 Dec 2018
We visit the pre-Harappan excavation sites of Dholavira today. We move today to Bhuj, the district headquarters of Kutch. Visit the village of Ajrakhpur famous for its block printing. If time permits, we visit Bhujodi, a weavers’ village. Our stay tonight is in a village at the outskirts of Bhuj, surrounded by handicrafts.
Day 5 - 26 Dec 2018
Today is the unimaginable landscape day. Get to see the highest peak of Kutch where the jackals come for Prasad. Visit the last point of Indian border for civilians without permit. And (oh! This is the best part) see the white desert in its sparkling white and marshy glory. Overnight at Hodka.
Day 6 - 27 Dec 2018
Today is a light day. Artists, Fossils and a relaxed haveli with a school in the compound are on agenda. If Bhuj didn’t give you your fill of art, we visit another village today to get live demonstrations of Rogan practised by just one family in the world. We will be exploring the rural Kutch today in Devpur. Overnight at Devpur.
Day 7 - 28 Dec 2018
Lakhpat is called a ghost town. Not because of spirits, although any spirit would find that place really serene to rest; but because only 200 or so people live there. The ruins and stories of Lakhpat are beyond thrilling. You can look out at the vast expanse of Rann from the BSF post of the Lakhpat fort. A visit to Koteshwar will give you the peek at the International naval limits of Western India. Overnight at Devpur.
Day 8 - 29 Dec 2018
We will explore the palatial glories of Bhuj. Topping it off with the stroll in the Bhuj bazar. We can also visit another handicraft initiative if the time permits. Overnight at Devpur.
Day 9 - 30 Dec 2018
Interact with the students of the school in Devpur. Check out and visit Mandvi. As if all the landscapes were not enough, Kutch also gives you a beach to frolick at! Enroute, you can stop by at the Bhadli village to see some tie and dye work. Visit the palace and relax at a private beach till evening. Proceed to Bhuj for your overnight bus to Ahmedabad.
Day 10 - 31 Dec 2018
Arrive at Ahmedabad airport early morning. Tour ends.
- All meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and two tea/coffee, starting from lunch on Day 1 till morning tea on Day 10.
- Transport in a AC vehicle throughout the trip and in AC Sleeper bus from Bhuj to Ahmedabad. Auto Rickshaws to Ahmedabad airport on the last day.
- Parking and Toll.
- All stay on twin sharing basis in Ahmedabad, Little Rann, Dholavira, Bhujodi and Hodka; and on triple sharing basis at Devpur where the rooms are family rooms.
- All entry and permit charges.
- Food other than inclusions – breakfast on Day 1, Breakfast and lunch on Day 10, mid-meal snacks et.
- Personal expenses
- Flights to Ahmedabad and back, from your city of residence.
- 5% GST
Terms & Conditions
- If cancelled 90 days or more in advance, cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount. You may park the token money with us for future trip within next 6 months, without any charges.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply.
- There is fair bit of walking involved – while the village walk and on white rann. The distances aren’t much but the different climate of Rann may make it look more. If you daily walk or indulge in some form of workout, you dont have to worry.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- The trip is NON-SMOKING and NON-ALCOHOLIC.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure timings
Reach Ahmedabad before 10AM on 22nd December & fly out anytime after 9:30AM on 31st December
It is the peak of winter in Gujarat, so expect cool to cold weather. Dress up in layers. But also expect sharp sun as this is a desert. Temperature might vary from 12 degree to 25 degree.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days.
- We are staying in a mix of homestays, hotels and resort.
- The rooms will be AC in Ahmedabad and Dholavira. At Zainabad, Bhuj, Hodka and Devpur, the rooms are made with local materials and hence cool in the day and warm in the night.
We have tried and planned your meals at great restaurants/homestays/village etc., but there will be instances where we will need to have lunches on the way from one city to another. The local Kutchi and Gujarati food will be the focus.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
- A little bit of walking will be required, especially in the Akshardham temple, while visiting Kalo Dungar, Bhuj Market walk and on the White Rann. You will have to sit and travel in tempo traveller occasionally. We don’t cover too many kilometres in a given day, so it should not be a problem.
- The cross country ride in the Rann depends on how well the Rann has formed (dried). If it isn’t completely dried out, it will be marshy and the ride across will not be possible. In that case, we will use the highway to reach Dholavira.
- Kindly be aware and considerate to your fellow travellers and we promise you a great time together!
- Toilets are generally not a problem but at times when we are driving across the vast desert of Kutch, we may have to resort to the nature’s way of bushes as there is practically nothing else and no one around! The points of departure and arrival will have good toilet facilities.
- Some monuments decide closing at the last moment due to maintenance issues. It is impossible to predict it now. We have planned the trip so as to avoid their official closing days. In most cases, we will be able to re-do them on some other day, in an eventuality of maintenance closure.
- Note on full moon – Yes, the white rann looks amazing on the full moon day. But it looks amazing almost every day when the moon rises. The full moon in December is falling on Saturday, 22nd December 2018. There is no way we can take you there on the first day of the trip. And starting the trip on 15th December doesn’t makes sense for all those who are joining us for the Christmas break. The moon usually rises in West India late in the night. So chances are that you will not be able to see the moon before midnight.
- Dholavira is an extremely remote place and not many tourists go there. So you will find establishments which are basic and people who are sweet but not well versed with tourism service. Please be patient. Your trip lead will ensure that you get the comfort and basic cleanliness. The place will be totally worth going there. It is one of its kind.
- Kindly cooperate with your trip lead and follow guidelines given by her so that we can execute the plan as smooth as possible.
- Please come with an open mind and we will guarantee you experiences of a lifetime!
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.