Kashmir was the heaven for Jahangir. His famous words, “Gar firdaus, ruhe zamin ast, hamin asto, hamin asto, hamin ast” (If there is ever a heaven on earth, it’s here, it’s here, it’s here), are now the tourism signature line for the State!
Kashmir is dotted with beautiful lakes, surrounded by magnificent valleys. And it is bestowed with nature’s bounty in terms of fruits and flowers. September is the season for the Apple and Apricot orchards to bloom.
Srinagar is a city with a heart-wrenching past and present. To understand India, it is important to understand Kashmir. Surprisingly, most Indians don’t, let alone the world.
Day 1 - 01 Sep 2018
Welcome to Srinagar. Check-in to your houseboat. Take the shikara boat ride and relax at the houseboat in the Dal lake. Spend the night on the lake and look out at the beautiful sky reflected in the lake. Overnight at the houseboat in Srinagar
Day 2 - 02 Sep 2018
After breakfast proceed to Pahalgam – Valley of Shepherds. After lunch, take a beautiful drive to Aru and Betaab Valley. If weather permits we will also visit the Chandanwari glacier base. Overnight at Pahalgam.
Day 3 - 03 Sep 2018
Today is a day to unwind and relax. Take a walking trail and meet the locals. Drink Kahwah with them and get to know their lives. Get yourself clicked in the traditional Kashmri attire. Visit the Baisaran Valley on your horse or choose to stay at the homestay and enjoy the view of Lidder river. Overnight at Pahalgam.
Day 4 - 04 Sep 2018
After breakfast proceed to Srinagar from Pahalgam. Enroute, visit Mattan Temple, Kashmir Bat Factory, Awantipora Ruins and Pampore Saffron fields. Overnight at homestay in Srinagar.
Day 5 - 05 Sep 2018
Day 6 - 06 Sep 2018
We take a day trip to Doodh Pathri – another beautiful valley in Kashmir. Take a picnic lunch with you and enjoy your time with nature. Visit an organic farm in the evening and understand the farming patterns in Kashmir over tea. Overnight at homestay in Srinagar.
Day 7 - 07 Sep 2018
After Breakfast proceed for local Manasbal Lake, Kheer-Bhawani temple and Hazratbal mosque. Spend your evening shopping and sipping coffee at a beautiful view point. Overnight at the homestay in Srinagar.
Day 8 - 08 Sep 2018
If you are inclined, go for an early morning visit to Shankaracharya temple. After breakfast, visit Nishat garden, Chashm-e-shahi and local market. Indulge in shopping. Overnight at the homestay in Srinagar.
Day 9 - 09 Sep 2018
After breakfast, proceed to the Srinagar airport. We can give you packed lunch if your flight is a little late. Tour ends. Memories begin.
- Accommodation for 8 nights on double sharing
- Transport in Tavera of similar through out the trip
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, evening tea/coffee) starting from evening tea on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9.
- Famous Wazwaan lunch spread on one of the days.
- Picnic lunch at the organic farm
- All entries to monuments
- Walking trail with guide in Pahalgam
- Gondola Ride in Gulmarg – both levels
- One Shikara ride in Srinagar
- Guidance of an F5er
Flights to Srinagar from your city of residence and return
Tips and other expenses of personal nature like shopping, laundry etc.
Anything not specifically mentioned in inclusions.
Charges for activities not mentioned in the inclusions – horse ride at Baisaran valley, pony ride in Gulmarg etc.
- 5% GST
Terms & Conditions
- If cancelled 90 days or more in advance, cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply.
Option of Deffered trip:
You have an option of parking the paid amount with us for a future trip, if you wish to cancel joining this trip 60 days or more in advance.
Following conditions apply:
- You need to choose the trip you would like to go with instead (the deferred trip) within 2 months of deciding to cancel.
- The travel start date of the deferred trip should be within 6 months from the day you decide to cancel.
- There can be only one such change and once you decide the deferred trip, the cancellation policy of that trip applies.
- You cannot choose a short trip (less than 5 days) as a deferred trip.
Arrival & Departure timing
Arrive before 12 Noon in Srinagar on day 1 and depart after 10am on Day 9.
The temperatures will be low and you will need enough warm clothes.Pahalgam and Gulmarg will be cold.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days.
We will be staying in beautiful homestays with the locals. Please do come with the view of respecting the sanctity of a home and appreciating the warmth and hospitality.
Authentic Kashmiri food wherever possible.
Simple Indian food such as rotis/dal, rice etc. Toast/Omlettes will be available.
If you have special dietary requests, please let us know beforehand.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace
- This is a non-smoking and a non-alchoholic trip for all practical reasons.
- Kashmir is constantly in the news, yes, however, tourists do continue to flock the region in summers. Tourists are treated with immense respect and are allowed to move around. Life goes on in Kashmir and tourism continues to be the backbone of their economy.
- You will be required to sign a consent form that you understand the risks involved and consent to join us on the trip.
- Srinagar is an Army airport and is very small compared to other airports in India. There will be multiple checks, so you are advised to leave the stay 3 hours prior to your flight, on the last day
- Please be dressed conservatively in Kashmir as this is a sensitive area. Jeans/full length trousers with tops are common among tourists, however, any skin revealing clothes might be frowned upon.
- You are requested to not be out after 7PM and respect the timelines suggested by the local family. Also, please adhere to the guidelines provided by your tour lead – it is for your own safety.
- Sundays are holidays in Srinagar and establishments will be closed. Kindly respect that. Fridays are namaz days and traffic jams/ delays are to be expected.
- In case there are delays, cancellation or change of plans due to climate (snow or rain) or political conditions, F5 Escapes will help you manage that but will not bear the extra cost involved.
- Shankaracharya temple has 200 stairs. We have planned it such that you can skip it, if you are not comfortable.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.