Assam is a land of nature’s bounty. Join us as we visit this land known for its wildlife, tea and silk. A trip that takes you to the largest river island in the world, a heritage handloom village and the national park with the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinos!
Please read everything carefully till the end. You should be sure of what you are signing up for. We welcome your questions.
Single Occupancy Supplement: INR 14,000 + 5% GST
Use Early Bird Discount Code EBOCT1000 for 1000 off. Valid till 31st October 2023
Day 1 - 23 Dec 2023
Arrive in Guwahati latest by 1 PM. After a quick lunch, start your journey to Kaziranga National Park. Settle into your traditionally designed huts, and enjoy an authentic Assamese dinner. We will call it an early night as tomorrow is an early day! Overnight at Kohora.
Day 2 - 24 Dec 2023
We start our morning with the jeep safari in the park. Visit the one-horned rhinos in their natural habitat, up close. After breakfast, proceed to Bhumuraguri for a boat safari in the Brahmaputra river, hoping for a glimpse of the Gangetic river dolphins. Return to the resort and relax. If time permits, visit the Orchid park in the evening for cultural performances. Overnight at Kohora.
Day 3 - 25 Dec 2023
After breakfast, check out and proceed to Jorhat, from where you will take the ferry across the Brahmaputra to Majuli. With an area of 1250 sq km, it is the largest river island in the world. Enter the surreal realm of the Brahmaputra. Mostly inhabited by tribals, the culture of Majuli is unique and quite interesting. Check into your bamboo huts. Post lunch, walk around the local market, meet the local families and enjoy a cultural performance.
Overnight at Majuli.
Day 4 - 26 Dec 2023
Take a guided tour of Majuli. Visit the various Satras or Vaishnava monasteries. The Vaishnava Satras were founded by Shankardeva, father of Assamese culture. The monks dance, perform dramas and meditate, as a part of their worship. Witness their unique culture. Have lunch with them in their monastery – simple vegetarian meal on a banana leaf. Witness the age-old art of mask making at Sangri Satra and visit the Pottery village.
End the day with a beautiful sunset. Overnight at Majuli.
Day 5 - 27 Dec 2023
Start your journey back to Guwahati. This will be a long day. We will break our journey to visit the Kakochang waterfall and have a picnic lunch of local dishes cooked usually for the Bihu feast. Reach Guwahati by late evening. Overnight at Guwahati.
Day 6 - 28 Dec 2023
If you have a later flight or would want to fly out late to explore Guwahati, please read our “More Info” Section.
- Accommodation for 5N on double sharing basis.
- All transportation in an AC vehicle.
- Entry tickets to museums, monuments.
- Jeep Safari at Kaziranga on Day 2.
- Boat Cruise on Brahmaputra for Dolphin sighting.
- Govt. Ferry tickets Jorhat-Majuli-Jorhat.
- Three major meals in a day with evening tea/coffee, starting from lunch on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 6.
- Cultural program on Day 3.
- Your F5 trip lead.
- Tolls and Parking.
- Food, snacks other than mentioned in inclusions.
- Packaged water.
- Camera charges.
- Activity charges other than mentioned.
- Tips and personal expenses.
- Flights/Trains/Bus to and from Guwahati from your city of residence.
- 5% GST.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
Terms & Conditions
- 15% of the trip cost if cancelled 90 days or more in advance.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if it is cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges will apply
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full
Arrival & Departure timings:
This trip is Ex-Guwahati. Joining us from different city?
Reach Guwahati by 12:30 PM on Day 1 and book your return journey after 9 AM on Day 6
Note on weather:
Weather will be pleasantly cold during the day. Mornings and evenings will be very cold as we would either be around forest or on an island.. The exact nature of weather will be known closer to the time and you will be advised accordingly.
*Please note that nowadays, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence the above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days.
- Kaziranga – Eco Camp with Bamboo cottages
- Majuli – Locally run Bamboo huts stay on the island
- Guwahati – Well appointed hotel
Local Assamese cuisine – vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
GUWAHATI SIGHTSEEING AND KAMAKHYA VISIT
For visiting the Kamakhya temple, you will be required to be at the temple by 5:45 AM and be in the line where VIP passes are arranged. One cannot arrange the VIP passes in advance and they are allotted after showing one’s ID card, so no one else can be in the line on your behalf. You will be done with darshan by 10:30 AM. Taxi for this visit can be arranged at an extra cost.
You have following options thereafter:
- Have a quick breakfast outside the temple, proceed to the hotel, freshen up and check out. Get dropped at the airport for your flight (book a flight post 2:30 PM). You will miss breakfast at the hotel today. This is peak year-end season, so they will not be able to keep breakfast going for you.
- Extended your trip by another night. Relax at the hotel. Step out in the evening for some shopping or visit the ropeway. Get dropped at the airport the next day. Please reach out for the costing for extra night stay + taxi for the entire day.
NOTE ABOUT SMOKING & ALCOHOL
Everyone joining is an adult and we cannot dictate how you should enjoy the trip. All we ask is to drink responsibly. Hangover delays are going to cost delays, and will not be tolerated at all. So please do not test your limits and enjoy in moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable.
If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace
- Culture in Assam is laid back. The food is prepared fresh and the order needs to be placed at least an hour in advance, especially for group travel. Please cooperate with your trip lead.
- There are days where road travel will be long, especially on the day from Majuli to Guwahati. A lot of breaks are planned on the way. This long trip is necessary to the itinerary in terms of saving time.
- Even though it is winter, there may be mosquitoes around the Brahmaputra. Please come prepared with mosquito repellent.
- The lunch with the monks at the Satara (monastery) will be served in a banana leaf, as you sit on a mat on the floor. If you have knee issues we can arrange a chair for you. You are expected to carry your banana leaf to the bin after you are done with the lunch.
NOTE ABOUT SMOKING & ALCOHOL:
Everyone joining is an adult and we realise that we cannot dictate the behaviour on how you should enjoy the trip. All we ask is to drink responsibly. Hangover delays are going to cost a lot, and will not be tolerated at all. So please do not test your limits and enjoy in moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable.
If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.