Welcome to West Bengal, a state that awakens all your senses with its sights, sounds, smells and taste. With this trip, we shall explore the colonial and cultural beauty of Kolkata – old and new at the same time. Enter Sunderbans, the world’s largest coastal mangrove forest – navigating through the freshwater swamp forest in search of unique wildlife and birds. All of these places are sprinkled generously with a taste of Bengali culinary skills, local cuisine and exciting cultural performances proving to be a real treat for all your senses. Get ready to hog those rosogollas and puchkas!!
Price: INR 47000 + 5% GST
Single occupancy surcharge – INR 15000 + 5% GST
Day 1 - 23 Jan 2024
Reach Kolkata – the city of Joy. Post lunch kick-off your tour with the most iconic monument of the city – the Victoria Memorial. Head to Princep Ghat for some relaxation time and a sunset ride on the Hooghly river. Overnight at Kolkata
Day 2 - 24 Jan 2024
After breakfast visit Belur Math, an education institution founded by Swami Vivekananda, located at the banks of Hoogly river. Sailing across the river via a quick ferry ride, visit the famous Dakhineshwar Kali Temple. Have coffee at the iconic Indian Coffee House and take a stroll around the book market. We will visit the Indian Museum today, the ninth oldest museum in the world and the oldest and largest museum in India. Overnight at Kolkata
Day 3 - 25 Jan 2024
After a quick breakfast, head to land of Royal Bengal Tigers, Sundarbans mangrove forests. A UNESCO heritage site, the journey will take you to the island of Gosaba. Following lunch and relaxation, take a boat ride for sunset. In the evening, witness cultural performances by local musicians. Overnight at Sundarbans.
Day 4 - 26 Jan 2024
After breakfast, go for a boat safari through the mangrove forests, spotting various animals and marveling at the expanse. Return to the resort for lunch. Check out and proceed to Kolkata. It will be late evening by the time you arrive at Kolkata. Check in to your homestay and relax. Overnight at Kolkata.
Day 5 - 27 Jan 2024
We start early today to witness the hustle-bustle & vibrancy of Kolkata’s unique & India’s biggest flower market at Mullick Ghat. We take the adventure further to explore the narrow lanes of Kolkata’s potters’ colony, Kumartuli, where you can watch sculptors breathe life into various terracotta idols. Visit the beautiful Jain Temples of Kolkata and have lunch at the legendary ChinaTown.
Visit the Jorasanko Thakur Bari, birthplace of Rabindranath Tagore. We will shop for the famous textiles and handicrafts of West Bengal today. Overnight at Kolkata.
Day 6 - 28 Jan 2024
It’s the final day of the trip! After breakfast, proceed to the airport for your return flight.
- All meals – Starting with Lunch on Day 1 and ending with Breakfast on Day 6
- Morning/Evening tea/coffee
- Transport in an AC vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Local non-AC taxi for dinner outings, as needed
- E-rickshaw and ferries for transport at Sundarbans
- Accommodation on a twin/double sharing basis.
- All entry charges and permits.
- Guide for all sightseeing in Kolkata
- Boat ride at Hooghly River
- Sunset Cruise at Sundarbans
- Boat Safari at Sundarbans
- Cultural performance at Sundarbans
- Sundarbans entry permit
- Guidance of a F5 Tour Leader.
- Food other than inclusions
- Packaged water
- Camera charges
- Tips and personal expenses – medication, alcohol, etc.
- Flights/Train to Kolkata and back, from your city of residence.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
Terms & Conditions
- If you cancel 90 days or more in advance, the cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if it is cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges will apply.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure timings
This trip is to Ex-Kolkata.
Reach Kolkata on Day 1 by 11:30 AM and book your return journey anytime on Day 6.
Breakfast on Day 6 will be available at 7 AM and the hotel check out will be at 11 AM. Ideal time for your return flight would be between 11 AM and 2PM.
Note on weather
Weather in Kolkata will be pleasant, ranging between 15 and 28 degrees. It will be slightly humid. You may need a light shawl or a sweatshirt at Sundarbans.
*Please note that nowadays, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
Kolkata – A well appointed and very conveniently located guest house near Victoria Memorial
Sundarbans – a luxury resort tucked away in a vast mangrove area
We have included a variety of food options including a flavor of Bengali cuisine and experiences around local street food.
Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food options will be available.
We have tried and planned your meals at great restaurants/homestays/hotel etc, but there will be instances where we will need to have lunches on the way from one place to another.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
- A fair bit of walking will be involved in exploring Kolkata. Please ensure you are carrying comfortable walking footwear.
- Kolkata can be extremely chaotic and crowded which will require you to coordinate with your tour lead and stay together at all times specially in the market areas. You will also need to cross areas/lanes which are not very clean.
- Kolkata street food can come across as extremely unsophisticated in how and where it’s prepared. Please be open to experimenting and look beyond the same.
- Most of the time exploring in Sundarbans will be done via boats. Please carry medication of sea-sickness.
- While we try to ensure everything works by the clock, West Bengal is not known for service promptness. Please be prepared to work around delays and co-operate to ensure the trip goes smoothly.
- Various kinds of transports have been included in the trip to give you varied experiences of how locals travel.
- There is a lot to experience on the itinerary but very limited time, so ensure to be on time to make the most of it.
- Please come with an open mind and we will guarantee you an experience of a lifetime!
Note on Smoking and Alcohol
Everyone joining is an adult and we realise that we cannot dictate the behaviour on how you should enjoy the trip. Each destination offers a locally brewed wine or beer and we would love for you to try them. All we ask is to drink responsibly.
Hangover delays are going to cost a lot, and will not be tolerated at all. So please do not test your limits and enjoy moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable.
If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.