Day 1 - 19 Oct 2018
Day 2 - 20 Oct 2018
Day 3 - 21 Oct 2018
Day 4 - 22 Oct 2018
Day 5 - 23 Oct 2018
Day 6 - 24 Oct 2018
Day 7 - 25 Oct 2018
Day 8 - 26 Oct 2018
Day 9 - 27 Oct 2018
Day 10 - 28 Oct 2018
- All meals and evening tea/coffee starting from evening tea on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 10.
- Accommodation for 9N on double sharing basis.
- All transportation in Innova or similar vehicles. Tempo Travellers do not ply in Sikkim.
- Cultural program at Mangan/Dzongu
- Guided natural trail at Dzongu
- Permits for Nathu La, Gurudongmar, Yumthang and Zero point
- Tolls and Parking
- Entry charges
- Your F5 guide
- Food, snacks other than mentioned in inclusions.
- Camera charges
- Activity charges other than mentioned
- Paragliding will cost 2500/ pp for an 8 minute flight and 5000/pp for a long haul flight that will last about 15 minutes.
- Tips and personal expenses
- Flights from your city of residence to Bagdogra and return
- 5% GST
Terms & Conditions
- If cancelled 90 days or more in advance, cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply.
- You need to choose the trip you would like to go with instead (the deferred trip) within 2 months of deciding to cancel.
- The travel start date of the deferred trip should be within 6 months from the day you decide to cancel.
- There can be only one such change and once you decide the deferred trip, the cancellation policy of that trip applies.
- You cannot choose a short trip (less than 5 days) as a deferred trip.
- This is a non-smoking and a non-alcoholic trip for all practical reasons.
- 50% of the trip cost is required to confirm the booking.
- The booking does not include flights as the flight rates are extremely unpredictable. However, we can help you book your flights for the trip
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure timings
- It will be extremely cold in the North Sikkim with temperature expected to be in single digits, dipping to sub zero during the night. You will need fleece or down feather jackets and layers, with gloves, scarves, woollen caps and warm socks.
- The stays will have heaters, blankets and hot water facilities, but carrying a hot water bottle is advisable. The chances of snow are less, but with the current weather pattern, you can never tell.
- We will be staying in beautiful homestays with the locals. Please do come with the view of respecting the sanctity of a home and appreciating the warmth and hospitality.
- The stays in North Sikkim are basic, clean and safe but will not have fancy facilities.
- Simple Indian food such as rotis/dal, rice etc. Toast/Omlettes will be available.
- There will be some local Sikkimese dishes too. Option of continental food will be available at MG Road Gangtok.
- If you have special dietary requests, please let us know beforehand.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
- Higher altitudes require certain level of fitness. We are not strictly trekking anywhere but the nature trails will feel like treks, given the altitude (around 8000 to 10000 ft altitudes). You can choose to sit them out and relax at the stay. If you can brisk walk for 2 kilometres regularly, you should be okay. Please also remember that nature trail or treks in the Himalayas are not races. Even if you run in the plains, you will have to pace it out slowly on a climb. If walking at steep places is an issue for you, please reconsider.
- Changu Lake is at 12,000 ft and Natu La is over 14,000 ft. Furthermore Gurudongmar is at 17,000ft. While there is no trek required to visit these places, being at these altitude will be exhausting due to oxygen rarity and low temperatures. We will share with you the do’s and don’ts of travelling to high altitude places and will also suggest some medication. Please consult your physician regarding the same.
- The roads in North Sikkim are really bad. There will be patches where the speed will be less than 20 kmph. Some people say that ‘non-existent’ will be a better term for the roads there. The rewards more than make up for it, though! Although the vehicles will be Innovas, the journey will be tiring. Please reconsider if you have back issues.
- In line with the ideology of F5 Escapes, we will be staying in small guest houses and homestays during our trip. Please come with an open mind about sharing someone’s home and maintain the sanctity. This trip is about actually understanding a culture which is different and yet, is our own.
- Sikkim is a 100% organic state and people there live as naturally as possible. All stays will have water heating facilities and in case of a power cut, the hosts will provide you hot water from wood-fired heaters. Please do not insist on a diesel run generator and have patience.
- Sun rises early and sets early in the North East India. So our days will start early and end early. To cover everything that is promised, it is important that we maintain the timings. Although distances are less, the mountain roads make it difficult to maintain the average speed of more than 25kmph.
- We really want to take you to Nathu La, War Memorial and Baba Mandir, Zero Point and Gurudongmar. However, these areas are army controlled and face unpredictable weather turns. Hence the permits to visit these places are allotted just a day before. Thus, please be prepared for an eventuality of bad weather and trust us to try our best.
- To visit Gurudongmar, you will have to start at 4:30AM. Tourists are not allowed at the lake beyond 11AM. It takes a minimum of 3 hours from Lachen to Gurudongmar Lake.
- All adventure activities are optional as some may not be comfortable doing them. They are all dependent on weather conditions and hence cannot be guaranteed.
- Mangan/Dzongu are not on the mainstream tourist circuit. We do have some activities planned for Dzongu but on the whole those two nights are to relax. On long mountain trips, you need rest days.
- The last night in Mirik is strategic so that you get to experience another beautiful place and be close to the airport for your return flight.
- Mountain states may get rainfall/snowfall unexpectedly sometimes. Network in North Sikkim is patchy at best. BSNL postpaid has the maximum chances of working. You can expect Wifi in Gangtok but not anywhere else.
Sikkim, March 2018
“My first in the North East and I will treasure it for a long long time to come. True to what you say – experiential, home-stays, offbeat, nature, amazing food and hospitality and very well organised. I am amazed at how much research you have put in to locate places which are not only awesome but also authentically local. The hosts at all the home-stays were wonderful, clean and the food was wholesome. I loved that the trip lead was approachable and fun to be with. The drivers too were ever present, informative and had so many stories to tell us. They too inspired us to travel more! LOVED it! THANK YOU!!”
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.