Jungles aren’t just about the tigers (though we will hope they show themselves to us).
Hear closely and you will listen to a myriad of stories – of tribes, folklores, and an entire ecosystem – human and otherwise – that the forests so graciously raise. Come with us as we enter the lands of Gond and Baiga tribes, walk with them in their forests, learn their crafts and join them in their celebrations.
We are also taking you to the gorgeous marble ravines of Bhedaghat, where the Narmada flows like a danseuse. Nature is in all its raw glory here!
Price: INR 39,500 + 5% GST
Single Occupancy Supplement: INR 14,500 + 5% GST
Day 1 - 21 Oct 2023
Reach Raipur and start for Chaura. Relax after lunch. Walk to the tribal market in the evening and proceed to the village. These are the lands of the Gond and Baiga tribes. We will get to see their culture and traditions first hand. Have dinner while enjoying the folk dance in the village. Overnight at Chaura.
Day 2 - 22 Oct 2023
Early morning, set out for a walk along the countryside. Visit the Bhoramdeo Temple complex, known as the Khajuraho of Chhattisgarh. Built between 10th and 12th Century by the Naga Kingdom, the templese are referred to as scintillating poetry in stone. End your walk with breakfast near (or inside, if the water level permits) a river.
Proceed to Bhedaghat. This will be a long journey. Before checking-in, we will stop at Gwari ghat for the evening Narmada Aarti. Soak-in the spirituality.
Overnight at Bhedaghat on the banks of the Narmada.
Day 3 - 23 Oct 2023
Wake up to a gorgeous view of towering marble rocks. We will start early for a boat ride on the Narmada amidst the marble rocks. Return to the hotel for breakfast and check out. Visit the Dhuandhar falls, 64 Yogini temple, Madan Mahal and other monuments of Jabalpur before heading to Kanha National Park.
Settle into your resort on the banks of the Banjar river. Overnight at Mocha.
Day 4 - 24 Oct 2023
Go for an early morning forest safari in the Kanha National Park. After lunch, we will start our journey back to Raipur. On the way, stop at a bamboo art gallery run by the locals. You may try your hand at working with bamboo. Reach Raipur by late evening. Overnight at Raipur.
Day 5 - 25 Oct 2023
After breakfast, catch your flights out.
- Transport in an AC vehicle throughout the trip.
- 4N stay on double sharing.
- All meals starting from breakfast on Day 1 till Breakfast on Day 5.
- Morning and evening tea/coffee.
- Folk Dance on Day 1
- Boat Ride at Bhedaghat
- Cable ride at Dhuandhar falls
- Morning Jeep Safari at Kanha National Park
- Guide at Chaura, Jabalpur and for Bamboo workshop
- Guidance of an F5 Traveler.
- All Entrance fee
- Tolls and Parking
- Tips, alcohol, packaged beverages, medicine and other expenses of personal nature.
- Packaged water bottles
- Snacks with evening tea/coffee
- Any additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camera fees at monuments, parks
- Travel to Raipur from your city of residence and back.
- 5% GST
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
Terms & Conditions
- 15% of the trip cost if cancelled 90 days or more in advance.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if it is cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges will apply
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure Timings
This trip is to Ex-Raipur. Joining us from a different city?
Reach Raipur on Day 1 by 10:30 AM and book your return journey after 9AM on Day 5.
The weather will be pleasant. Since we are near large water bodies and inside forest areas, mornings and evenings will be colder. The exact nature of weather will be known closer to the time and you will be advised accordingly.
*Please note that nowadays, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence the above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days.
SMOKING & ALCOHOL
Everyone joining is an adult and we realise that we cannot dictate the behaviour on how you should enjoy the trip. All we ask is to drink responsibly. Hangover delays are going to cost a lot, and will not be tolerated at all. So please do not test your limits and enjoy in moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable.
If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray.
Your stays are chosen based on their location and comfort they offer. All hotels are safe, clean and well suited to our requirements.
Chaura – A jungle retreat, set amidst the countryside and made of natural materials.
Bhedaghat – Well appointed hotel on the banks of Narmada with the best possible view of the marble rocks
Kanha – A spacious resort on the banks of river Banjar
Raipur – A well appointed conveniently located hotel, close to the airport
Authentic Central Indian food – dal, roti, sabji. Toasts and Omelettes will be available in Mocha(Kanha) and Bhedaghat. We will definitely try the poha and jalebi, MP is so famous for.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace :
- Day 2 and Day 3 will be mostly spent on the road, as we will be exploring places on the way before reaching the destination for that night.
- There will be considerable walking required for exploring the villages.
- There is a lot to do in every destination in MP. We have curated the itinerary based on the unique flavor of a particular destination that you may not find anywhere else.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.