A trip to MP is hard to contain within a limited number of days. The heart of India has so much to offer and is so diverse that we picked up the best of every city and curated that for you. We have diverse heritage from the Nawabi architecture of Bhopal to the exquisite Hindu and Jain temples of Khajuraho and Orchha and the Buddhist Stupa of Sanchi. Madhya Pradesh houses 9 national parks and 9 rivers and their numerous tributaries flow through it. Madhya Pradesh is like a fascinating Pandora’s box that has been lying hidden in plain sight. That Bhopal was ruled mostly by female rulers, and is referred to as Begum’s Bhopal, adds another layer to F5 Escapes’ tryst with the large-hearted state.
Price: INR 59,500 + 5% GST
Single Occupancy Supplement: INR 19,500 + 5% GST
Day 1 - 24 Dec 2022
Arrive in Bhopal and relax. Visit the Tribal Museum and the Manav Sangrahalaya. Spend the evening at the Upper Lake. Drive or walk around the VIP road. Overnight at Bhopal.
Day 2 - 25 Dec 2022
We take a heritage walk through the old Bhopal city. Bhopal was ruled solely by women for over 100 years and gave the city its waterworks, railways, a postal system and a municipality.
After lunch , visit the famous rock shelters of Bhimbetka, exhibiting some of the earliest traces of human life on the Indian Subcontinent. Proceed to Sanchi. Overnight in Sanchi.
Day 3 - 26 Dec 2022
Take a guided tour of Sanchi. Visit the Buddhist Stupa and complex at Sanchi on the way. Proceed to Panna National Park and settle into your stay. This will be a long travel day. Overnight at Panna.
Day 4 - 27 Dec 2022
Start the day early for a morning safari. Have a relaxed lunch. Later explore some of the beautiful waterfalls and caves of the area. Overnight at Panna. Overnight at Panna.
Day 5 - 28 Dec 2022
We check out early today with a packed breakfast to go for a jungle walk with the Pardhis. Pardhis are a nomadic community that since the time of the Mughal emperors, have been hired to help in shikar (hunting). ‘Walk with the Pardhis’ is an initiative not only encourages reformation, but also aims at providing an alternative source of livelihood for the community.
After lunch with the community, visit Raneh falls, formed as the Ken cuts deep canyons in granite rocks of different hues. Proceed to Khajuraho by late evening. Overnight at Khajuraho.
Day 6 - 29 Dec 2022
After breakfast, we will take a guided tour of the Khajuraho Temple complex. The Khajuraho temples feature a variety of art work, of which 10% is sexual or erotic art outside and inside the temples; although they are the most famous. Reach Orchha by evening. We visit the famous Raja Ram temple and attend aarti where the state gives a gun salute to the deity. Sit by the Betwa river. Overnight at Orchha.
Day 7 - 30 Dec 2022
Explore Orchha, an ancient town and the erstwhile capital of Bundelkhand. Attend the light and sound show to understand the history of the region. Shop for the beautiful and Bollywood-famous Chanderi sarees, silver jewellery and the Dhokra brass artefacts. Overnight at Orchha.
Day 8 - 31 Dec 2022
After breakfast, go for water activities like kayaking and rafting on the Betwa river. Check out and proceed to Gwalior. On the way, we will explore the Rani Mahal Museum at Jhansi. Reach Gwalior by evening. Overnight at Gwalior.
Day 9 - 01 Jan 2023
After breakfast, check out and catch your respective flights back home. The images and stories are going to be with you forever.
- All meals and evening tea/coffee starting from lunch on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9
- Accommodation for 8N/9D on double occupancy.
- All transportation in an AC Tempo Traveller
- All entry charges
- Local guide at Bhimbetka, Sanchi, Khajuraho and Orchha
- A guided heritage walk of Bhopal
- A guided morning safari at the Panna National Park
- A guided jungle/village walk with the Pardhis in Panna
- Permits and tolls
- Your F5 guide
- Food, snacks other than mentioned
- Camera charges
- Activity charges other than mentioned
- Tips and personal expenses
- Flights from your city of residence to Bhopal and return from Gwalior.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
- 5 % GST.
Terms & Conditions
If cancelled 90 days or more in advance, cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply.
F5 CARES FOR YOUR SAFETY!
- We will be filling only upto 10 seats in a 13 seater vehicle.
- Your tour lead will be fully vaccinated, masked up and will be carrying sanitizer.
- As tourism picks up, most destinations will be crowded – we are planning our trips such that we do not have to spend a long time in enclosed crowded spaces.
- Proper ventilation in indoor and closed spaces mitigates the viral load and the risk of CoViD infection. While we will hire a high quality AC vehicle, we will be using the AC only when it is absolutely required. For the most part, we will encourage the windows to be open and fresh air to circulate in the vehicle.
- It is mandatory to be fully vaccinated to be a part of F5 trips.
- Please do keep in mind that even restaurants where we stop on the highway for breakfast/tea might be crowded. Always exercise caution.
- Please do not travel if you have symptoms prior to the trip – for your own and other people’s safety.
- ALWAYS mask up, carry your sanitizer and take all precautions while on the trip. Stay safe and have fun!
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure Timings
This trip is to Ex-Bhopal. Joining us from a different city?
Reach Bhopal on Day 1 by 10AM and book your return journey from Gwalior after 9AM on Day 9.
SMOKING & ALCOHOL
Everyone joining is an adult and we realise that we cannot dictate the behaviour on how you should enjoy the trip. All we ask is to drink responsibly. Hangover delays are going to cost a lot, and will not be tolerated at all. So please do not test your limits and enjoy in moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable.
If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray.
Bhopal – Well appointed rooms in a family run boutique stay with lake view
Sanchi – Well appointed hotel in the vicinity of the Stupa
Panna – Cottage Tents at a Jungle Resort on the banks of Ken River
Khajuraho – A heritage style luxury hotel
Orchha – Beautiful resort close to Betwa river and all places of interest
Gwalior – Centrally located hotel for easy access to the airport
Madhya Pradesh is known for its foodie culture. We will be savouring the local delicacies of Bhopal, meals of vegetables plucked fresh from farms in Orchha and local village fare in Panna. The cuisine will be mostly roti, dal, sabzi. We may have continental dishes in Bhopal in one of the meals. Toasts/Omelettes will be available at most places.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace :
- The distance in MP is large, it being one of the largest states in India. So please maintain time as per the trip lead’s instructions.
- You have been notified about the days where there will be long hours of travel. Please be mentally prepared. Please map the cities we are visiting on the Google Maps so that you are aware of the distances
- There will be considerable walking required for heritage walks, Bhimbetka, Khajuraho, falls around Panna and in Orchha.
- Rafting in Orchha will depend upon the wind and river condition at that day
- There is a lot to do in every destination in MP. We have curated the itinerary based on the unique flavor of a particular destination that you may not find anywhere else. We will not be able to cover everything each city has to offer, in the time frame we have. So we have picked and chosen for you!
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.