A trip to MP is hard to contain within a limited number of days. The heart of India has so much to offer and is so diverse that we picked up the best of every city and curated that for you. We have diverse heritage from the Nawabi architecture of Bhopal to the exquisite Hindu and Jain temples of Khajuraho and Orchha and the Buddhist Stupa of Sanchi. Madhya Pradesh houses 9 national parks and 9 rivers and their numerous tributaries flow through it. The birthplace of the mighty Narmada, and the background to history and mythology, Madhya Pradesh is like a fascinating Pandora’s box that has been lying hidden in plain sight. That Bhopal was ruled mostly by female rulers, and is referred to as Begum’s Bhopal, adds another layer to F5 Escapes’ tryst with the large-hearted state.
Day 1 - 22 Dec 2018
Arrive in Bhopal in the morning. We visit the famous Manav Sanghralay and Van Vihar – Bhopal’s very own national park. Spend the evening at the Upper Lake. Drive or walk around the VIP road, which is the smaller version of the Marine Drive. Overnight at Bhopal.
Day 2 - 23 Dec 2018
We take a guided heritage walk through the old Bhopal city and understand the history and architecture. Bhopal was ruled solely by women for over 100 years between 1819 and 1926. The rule of Begums gave the city its waterworks, railways, a postal system and a municipality constituted in 1907.
After an early lunch, we visit the famous rock shelters of Bhimbetka. The Bhimbetka rock shelters are an archaeological site of the Paleolithic, exhibiting the earliest traces of human life on the Indian Subcontinent, and thus the beginning of the Indian Stone Age. Enroute visit the Bhojeshwar temple. Overnight at Bhopal.
Day 3 - 24 Dec 2018
Today we start early as it is a long drive. Visit the Buddhist Stupa and complex at Sanchi on the way. We proceed to Jabalpur to pay our homage to the Narmada. This will be a long travel day. Depending on the time we reach Jabalpur, we take the ropeway over the Dhuandhar falls. Overnight near Bhedaghat.
Day 4 - 25 Dec 2018
Take an early morning boat ride on the Narmada in the beautiful gorge it has carved amongst the Marble rocks. Flanked on both sides with tall marble rocks, this stretch of Narmada is intriguing and awe inspiring. If missed yesterday, take the cable car to the Dhuandhar Falls today.
Check out and proceed to Panna National Park, where we stay near the river Ken in a beautiful and ecologically conscious jungle lodge. We moved from Narmada to Ken river, from the gorges in marbles to those in granite! Overnight at Panna.
Day 5 - 26 Dec 2018
We start our day early with the morning safari in the Panna National Park. Check out after breakfast, with packed lunch. Visit some of the beautiful waterfalls and caves of the area. The Pandav caves are steeped in the mythology while the Raneh falls are formed as the Ken cuts deep canyons in granite rocks of different hues. Reach Khajuraho for the light and sound show at the historic temple complex. Overnight at Khajuraho.
Day 6 - 27 Dec 2018
After breakfast, we visit the Khajuraho Temple complex and take a guided tour. The Khajuraho temples feature a variety of art work, of which 10% is sexual or erotic art outside and inside the temples; although they are the most famous. After lunch, we proceed to Orchha, on the banks of Betwa river. If time permits we attend another light and sound show. Overnight at Orchha.
Day 7 - 28 Dec 2018
Explore Orchha, an ancient town and the erstwhile capital of Bundelkhand.We visit the famous Raja Ram temple early morning where the state gives a gun salute to the deity after every arti. Go for the water activities like kayaking and rafting on the Betwa river. Shop for the beautiful and Bollywood-famous Chanderi saris, silver jewellery and the Dhokra brass artefacts. If not done yesterday, attend the light and sound show to understand the history of the region and sit by the Betwa river. Overnight at Orchha.
Day 8 - 29 Dec 2018
After breakfast, participate in a fun pottery workshop. We then leave for Bhopal. But first we visit Jhansi to explore the Rani Mahal museum. Although technically Uttar Pradesh, Jhansi is just 20 kms from Orchha, and was part of the Bundelkhand state as well. Jhansi is important for its legacy of Rani Lakshmibai. The world needs strong women. This will be a long travel day. Celebrate the end of this awesome trip with a lavish dinner at the famous Jehan Numa palace. Overnight at Bhopal.
Day 9 - 30 Dec 2018
After breakfast, check out and catch your respective flights back home. The images and stories are going to be with you forever.
- All meals and evening tea/coffee starting from evening tea on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9, including dinner at the Jehan Numa Palace
- Accommodation for 8N/9D on double occupancy.
- All transportation in an AC Tempo Travellers
- All entry charges and ropeway charge
- Local guide at Khajuraho, Bhimbetka, Sanchi and Orchha
- A guided morning safari at the Panna National Park
- Pottery Workshop at Orchha
- Permits and tolls
- Your F5 guide
- Food, snacks other than mentioned
- Camera charges
- Activity charges other than mentioned – Rafting will cost 2100 for a raft (6 people), Kayaking cost will be around 200 per person.
- Tips and personal expenses
- Flights from your city of residence to Bhopal and return
- 5% GST
Terms & Conditions
- If cancelled 90 days or more in advance, cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply.
Option of Deffered trip:
You have an option of parking the paid amount with us for a future trip, if you wish to cancel joining this trip 60 days or more in advance.
Following conditions apply:
You need to choose the trip you would like to go with instead (the deferred trip) within 2 months of deciding to cancel.
The travel start date of the deferred trip should be within 6 months from the day you decide to cancel.
There can be only one such change and once you decide the deferred trip, the cancellation policy of that trip applies.
You cannot choose a short trip (less than 5 days) as a deferred trip.
- This is a non-smoking and a non-alcoholic trip for all practical reasons.
- 50% of the trip cost is required to confirm the booking.
- The booking does not include flights as the flight rates are extremely unpredictable. However, we can help you book your flights for the trip
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure Timings
This trip is ex-Bhopal airport.
Arrival in the morning by 9AM on Day 1 and departure anytime after 10 AM on Day 9.
There will be nip in the air during the morning and the evening. Warm jackets, caps, socks will be required near the river and in the national park. Temperatures can range from 5 to 25 degrees.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
We will be staying in a mix of stays – homestays, jungle lodges, community run properties and government run properties. Each property is chosen for its location and uniqueness.
- Madhya Pradesh is known for its foodie culture. We will be savouring the local delicacies of Bhopal, meals of vegetable plucked fresh from farm in Orchha and local village fare in Panna.
- The cuisine will be mostly roti, dal, sabzi. We may have continental dishes in Bhopal in one of the meals.
- Toasts/Ommelletes will be available at most places.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace :
- The distance in MP are large, it being one of the largest states in India. So please maintain time as per the trip lead’s instructions.
- You have been notified about the days where there will be long hours of travel. Please be mentally prepared.
- There will be considerable walking required for heritage walk, Bhimbetka, Khajuraho, falls around Panna and in Orchha.
- Rafting in Orchha will depend upon the wind and river condition at that day.
- There is a lot to do in every destination in MP. We have curated the itinerary based on unique flavor of a particular destination that you may not find anywhere else.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.