Odisha is the land which saw the transformation of an Emperor into a great apostle of Buddhism. Who can forget studying the history of Odisha in school, most prominently – Chandragupta Maurya and Chanakya, Samrat Ashok of the Mauryan dynasty, the bloodshed of the Kalinga war which culminated into the spread of Buddhism in the region in a big way. Jainism followed Buddhism. Hinduism made its way back in the 7th Century AD, after which many of the temples were built from the 8th-12th centuries, during which time Saivism (worship of Lord Shiva) dominated the religious scene. In fact, the name Bhubaneshwar (capital of Odisha) comes from Shiva’s Sanskrit name, Tribhubaneswar, meaning “Lord of Three Worlds”.
Explore Bhubaneshwar – anicient temples, Shanti stupa, Dhauli and Oriya food. Glorious Jagannath and Sun temple, artisans’ village where you will also get to see palm leaf engravings, pottery and wood carvings. En route pass by Pipli. Soak in the lovely ambience of the Dhenkanal Palace. Visit a place of scenic beauty where according to legends, the Pandavas spent some days of their incognito life and Kapilash temple. Head out to the sites consist of a series of monasteries, temples, shrines, stupas, and beautiful sculptures of Buddhist images. Saving the best for the last – Shopping!
* All breakfasts
* Transport in an AC vehicle throughout the trip
* All stay on twin sharing basis
* All entry and permit charges
* Lunch on Day 1 and Dinner on Day 5
* Food other than mentioned in inclusions
* Personal expenses
* GST 5%
* Flights to Bhubaneshwar and back, from your city of residence
Terms & Conditions
* 50% of the booking amount is required to confirm the booking. Balance to be paid before embarking on the tour.
* Please note that the itinerary is based on current availability and we cannot guarantee availability unless paid.
* Early check-in is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.