Deepavali, The festivals of lights. Celebrated across states. But have you heard of Dev Deepavali?And where is it celebrated?
Come Karthik Poornima every year, the entire city of Varanasi comes alive. The Ghats are lit with tens of thousands of ‘diyas’, the temples abuzz with special poojas and people dressed in their traditional best, celebrating the festival of lights. The best part is that this happens 15 days after Diwali, so you get to celebrate twice, once your way and the other time, the Varanasi way 🙂
Being with F5 you also explore the hidden secrets of the city that still has managed to retain its old world charm whether it’s the food or the temples or just being there at the ghats.
Along with experiencing this beautiful festival let’s also explore ‘BodhGaya’ Where Buddha has attained enlightenment and the place where he taught his first sermon after attaining enlightenment and that’s ‘Sarnath’.
What more you can ask for when a trip comprises so much. So join F5 on this beautiful journey of festival , food and enlightenment.
Price: INR 47500 + 5% GST
Single occupancy surcharge: Rs. 12500 + 5% GST
Day 1 - 24 Nov 2023
Arrive at Varanasi by noon. Settle in to your heritage homestay in Varanasi and relax. The most immersive way to explore the ghats of Varanasi is to take a boat and watch the Ganga ghats come alive in the evening. You will also witness Ganga Aarti at Dashashwamedh Ghat. Overnight at Varanasi.
Day 2 - 25 Nov 2023
Today is time to set out to explore a destination which is steeped in Buddhist traditions and a rich history – Bodh Gaya. Start for Bodhgaya early morning, breakfast on the way. Bodh Gaya is around ( 260 kms, ~6.5 hours ). Visit the MahaBodhi temple, where Buddha attained enlightenment and explore a few international monasteries of different countries here. Overnight at Bodh Gaya.
Day 3 - 26 Nov 2023
After breakfast , start back to Varanasi. After lunch, go on a guided walking tour of Old Varanasi. A visit to Varanasi is incomplete without understanding its silk weaving tradition. Get to know the weavers of Varanasi better. Visit Kashi Vishwanath temple. Get back to the homestay and relax. Overnight at Varanasi.
Day 4 - 27 Nov 2023
The D-Day, Dev Diwali is today. Wake up early for a divine early morning boat tour and attend Subah-e-Benaras. Today, you will get to understand the ancient city better along with an early breakfast of traditional Kachori Jalebi.
This evening, get astounded by the spectacle that is Dev Diwali which is sure to give you goosebumps. Hop on a boat and row past the endless rows of lights along the Ghats. Overnight at Varanasi.
Day 5 - 28 Nov 2023
This morning, get ready to see the most celebrated monument of our country, the national emblem – The Ashoka Pillar at Sarnath. Also check out the place where Buddha delivered his first sermon. A tour of the important temples on the cards today, if time permits. Later in the evening indulge yourself in shopping. Overnight in Varanasi.
Day 6 - 29 Nov 2023
Board your flight back home post breakfast. Tour ends.
- All meals starting with lunch on Day 1 and ending with breakfast on Day 6.
- Morning & Evening Tea/Coffee.
- Transport in A/c Innova or Autos/e-rickshaw in Varanasi (roads are very narrow) and A/c TT for Bodh Gaya visit.
- All stay on a double occupancy basis.
- Guide for Dev Diwali celebrations, Temple Visits in Varanasi and Sarnath
- All entry charges.
- Three boat rides including Dev Diwali special boat ride, sunrise and sunset rides.
- Flights from your city of residence to Varanasi and back.
- Bottled/Packaged Water
- Food other than mentioned in inclusions. All extra food explorations, other than the main meals in Varanasi to be borne by individuals.
- Personal expenses
- Camera charges
- GST at 5%
- Cost arising due to natural occurrences, road closure and flight delays. We will help you navigate them and make alternate arrangements but the cost will be borne by you.
Terms & Conditions
- 15% of the trip cost if cancelled 90 days or more in advance.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if it is cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges will apply
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure timings
This trip is ex- Varanasi. Arrival by 1 PM on Day 1. Departure after breakfast on Day 6.
Weather in Varanasi will be pleasant. It can get cold during the evenings especially during boat rides.
*Please note that nowadays, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
- Varanasi – A 200 year old heritage villa
- Bodh Gaya – A well reviewed, conviniently located hotel
Varanasi is a foodie’s paradise – we will explore the local fare including street food, albeit in select popular, hygienic places. Food will mostly be vegetarian, except at the homestay where you can order Mughlai dishes
Note about Smoking and Alcohol
We encourage responsible drinking. Delays due to hangovers will not be accommodated. Please be considerate to your room mate, if you smoke or drink. We will prefer that you smoke outside or your rooms and never in the vehicle. Alcohol is not very acceptable in Varanasi.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace
- Dev Diwali is the peak season in Varanasi, so expect a lot of crowds. However, we promise the spectacle will be worth it.
- This is an immersive tour, where we don’t rush to check-off a list, but allow ourselves to experience the magic that is Varanasi. Please come with this kind of mindset to make the most out of the trip.
- While we will try and keep the trip as culturally inclined and secular as possible, please remember these places are known for their temples. Every temple has a story. So yes, we will be visiting several temples. If you are someone who can enjoy temples from a cultural perspective, then this trip is for you.
- Varanasi is a walking city and best explored by foot. This tour will require you to walk quite a bit, say 2-3 kms a day when in Varanasi. There are steps everywhere in the Ghats area. If you have issues walking, then this tour may not be for you.
- Food exploration is an important part of this trip. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let us know well in advance.
- There are some days where you are either traveling for long or have to get up at a certain time to enjoy the experience planned. Please cooperate.
- WiFi is available at the Varanasi and BodhGaya stays.
- Bodh Gaya is not known for its food. If you compare the food experience to Varansi, it will diminish your experience.
It was an intense, enjoyable and very authentic experience.
Right from the individual pickup at the airport. The driver was polite and informative. Extremely pleasant personality. The group dynamics were terrific, considering most of us did not know each other. Very friendly & accommodating🙏🏼. The hostess at our home stay was warm and took care of us like a true ‘nani’. Our guide Manjeet was a real treasure. Always fulfilled every wish and adjusted & accommodated every change with a smile. Gave us exhaustive tours & experiences that were truly memorable. Couldn’t have asked for a more authentic experience of Varanasi. And all this was made possible by our tour leader, who sought to pack in every last little detail – from the thoughtful little gifts, to adjusting and attempting to satisfy individual needs.
Thank you F5 Escapes & all my wonderful co-adventurers for a memory that will last for a long long time to come💕🙏🏼
What an enchanting and scintillating experience ..this Varanasi trip by F5 Escapes has given me…..of course to remember for life time..
A very well managed tour for women providing an exhilarating journey.
F5 Escapes’ professional approach along with a very personal approach by our tour lead is what is worth recommending to one and every women who is longing for a ‘once in a life time’ experience. I am very sure I am going with F5 Escapes once again and assure anyone who takes a tour with them that u would want to go again with them.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.