The coffee destination of India, Chikamagalur offers a perfect solace, whatever is the season. Steeped in history and unparalleled natural beauty, dotted with beautiful waterfalls and expansive coffee estates, Chikamagalur has something for everyone.
Your stay is a 400 acre coffee plantation since the 1800s. The bungalow has stood testimony to the changing seasons and centuries since 1853. Way to beat the heat!
Day 1 - 01 Jun 2018
Depart from Bangalore at 6 am. The drive to the estate is about 6 hours long, approximately 300 km from Bangalore. We will stop for breakfast on the way. Reach the estate by lunch and relax. After snacks and tea in the evening, take a walk around the plantation.
Day 2 - 02 Jun 2018
Optional trek to a nearby viewpoint in the morning before breakfast. After breakfast, we take an estate walk. Return to the estate for lunch. Post lunch, we can visit Kelagur tea estate. Spend the rest of the day exploring the large coffee estate, spotting birds, reading books lying in a hammock and going for long walks. Sip as much freshly brewed tea and coffee as your heart desires!
Day 3 - 03 Jun 2018
Check out of the estate after breakfast and head towards Belur. Visit the temple and explore its heritage. After this we stop for lunch, and then drive back to Bangalore after 2 days of blissful vacation.
- A/C tempo traveler or similar.
- Two nights accommodation on triple sharing basis.
- All meals for Friday, Saturday and Sunday (except dinner on Sunday)
- Tea/coffee in morning and evening with snacks.
- All activities at the estate.
- Guidance of an F5 traveler.
- Personal Expenses, Tips, Medical Expenses.
- Food and Beverages apart from those mentioned
- Transport till and from the pick up points in Bangalore
- 5% GST
Terms & Conditions
- Upto 10 days prior prior to the date of commencement of trip – 25% deducted and 75% refunded as cash.
- Upto 5 days prior to the date of commencement of trip – 50% deducted and rest refunded as cash.
- Within 5 days of the commencement of trip/Last day intimation/no show – No refund.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
- The trip is NON-SMOKING and NON-ALCHOHOLIC.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Note on weather
The weather will be pleasant throughout the stay. It will get sunny during noon, so caps and sunglasses are advisable.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days.
Note on stay
We are staying right in the middle of nature. This is a coffee estate stay with a waterfall in the estate.
- Simple local fare cooked at the stay
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
- This is a relaxing vacation. We will cover a few sightseeing points but the idea is to soak and chill. Whether you want to bond over cups of coffee or spend some me-time reading that book in a quiet surrounding, this is the trip for you.
- Please understand that Chikamagalur is a district and not a town. We are covering the quintessential experience of being in Chikamagalur – coffee estate living. Come with an unhurried mindset.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.