A day-tour to Lepakshi is going to take us back in time to the ancient Indian & mythological temples. Fascinating stories around the temples, strange but true facts, impressive attention to details on all the sculptures, visit to a pillar which doesn’t rest fully on the ground and India’s biggest monolithic Nandi among others. Also visit a model village and understand how the community functions.
Lepakshi, a small village in Mandal in the Anantapur District of Andhra Pradesh is located 15 km east of Hindupur. Lepakshi is culturally & archaeologically significant as it is the location of shrines dedicated to Shiva, Vishnu & Veerabhadra.
Legends have stories behind the name “Lepakshi”;. One such story dates Lepakshi town back to the days of Ramayana.To help the wounded bird Jatayu, Lord Rama utters the word “le pakshi”; ( Rise Bird in Telugu) and hence the name.
Day 1 - 05 Feb 2023
Start from Bangalore early at around 6.30 AM. A sumptuous breakfast awaits. Reach Lepakshi at 10 AM. Spend the rest of the morning visiting temples with sculptures, architecture and explore the history of these temples. Leave the place by 1:30 pm and reach a nearby village for a beautiful village style community lunch. This is no ordinary village, it is a model self-sustaining village. Spend some time understanding the way it functions.
Start back at around 3 PM, visit the Bhoganandeeshwara temple on the way, and spend some time around the 1000 year old architectural marvel. Begin the return journey after tea.
- AC Tempo traveller / mini bus from Bangalore to the destination and back. Pick up and drop from multiple points in the city.
- Evening tea/coffee.
- Expert guidance of an F5 traveller.
- All toll, interstate permit and parking charges.
- Any extra beverages/food purchased
- Anything not included in inclusions.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
Terms & Conditions
REFUNDS / CANCELLATION
- Upto 10 days prior to the event date. 25% of the total amount will be charged.
- 10 days – 2 days prior to the event date 50% of the total amount will be charged.
- Less than 2 days prior to the event date / no-show, 100% of the total amount will be charged.
F5 CARES FOR YOUR SAFETY!
- We will be filling only upto 10/17 seats in a 13 seater TT or a 21 seater minibus.
- Your tour lead will be fully vaccinated, masked up and will be carrying sanitizer.
- As tourism has picked up, please expect a crowd in most places.
- It is mandatory for adults to be fully vaccinated to be a part of F5 trips.
- Please do keep in mind that even restaurants where we stop on the highway for breakfast/tea might be crowded. Always exercise caution.
- Please do not travel if you have symptoms prior to the trip – for your own and other people’s safety.
- ALWAYS mask up, carry your sanitizer and take all precautions while on the trip. Stay safe and have fun!
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- The trip is NON-SMOKING and NON-ALCOHOLIC.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
What to expect
- Breakfast stop will be at Kamat or a similar restaurant.
- Lunch will be a simple, village style lunch with phulkas, millet based dishes, rice, vegetables, curds etc.
- Post lunch, we will take a tour of the model village and understand its functioning. We may get to be a part of some activity too, such as farming, soap making etc. depending on availability.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.