A day-tour to Lepakshi is going to take us back in time to the ancient Indian & mythological temples. Fascinating stories around the temples, strange but true facts, impressive attention to details on all the sculptures, visit to a pillar which doesn’t rest fully on the ground and India’s biggest monolithic Nandi among others. Also visit a model village and understand how the community functions.
Lepakshi, a small village in Mandal in the Anantapur District of Andhra Pradesh is located 15 km east of Hindupur. Lepakshi is culturally & archaeologically significant as it is the location of shrines dedicated to Shiva, Vishnu & Veerabhadra.
Legends have stories behind the name “Lepakshi”;. One such story dates Lepakshi town back to the days of Ramayana.To help the wounded bird Jatayu, Lord Rama utters the word “le pakshi”; ( Rise Bird in Telugu) and hence the name.
Day 1 - 08 Sep 2019
Start from Bangalore early at around 6 30 AM. A sumptuous breakfast awaits. Reach Lepakshi at 10 AM. Spend the rest of the morning visiting temples with sculptures, architecture and explore the history of these temples. Leave the place by 1:30 pm and reach a nearby village for a beautiful village style community lunch. This is no ordinary village, it is a model self-sustaining village. Spend some time understanding the way it functions.
Start back post a relaxed lunch, visit the Bhoganandeeshwara temple on the way which has been identified as oldest temples of Karnataka, dates back to the early 9th century. Spend some time around the 1000 year old architectural marvel. Begin return journey after tea.
- AC Tempo traveller from Bangalore to the destination and back. Pick up and drop from multiple points in the city.
- Evening tea/coffee.
- Expert guidance of an F5 traveller.
- All toll interstate and parking charges.
- Any extra beverages/food purchased
- Anything not included in inclusions.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspect beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
Terms & Conditions
- Upto 10 days prior to the event date. 25% of the total amount will be charged.
- 10 days – 2 days prior to the event date 50% of the total amount will be charged.
- Less than 2 days prior to the event date / no-show, 100% of the total amount will be charged.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- The trip is NON-SMOKING and NON-ALCOHOLIC.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
What to expect
- Breakfast stop will be at Kamath or a similar restaurant.
- Lunch will be a simple, village style lunch with phulkas, millet based dishes, rice, vegetables, curds etc.
- Post lunch, we will take a tour of the model village and understand its functioning. We may get to be a part of some activity too, such as farming, soap making etc. depending on availability.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.