Madurai or ‘Thoonga Nagaram’ (the city that never sleeps) is the cultural capital of Tamil Nadu with a strong Tamil history and is one of the seats of the Tamil Sangam literature. The city has been ruled by several kings including the Pandyas, Cholas, Madurai Nayaks and the British.
Hand-painted floor tiles, mammoth luxurious mansions etched with Belgian glass and fine antiques from across the world, Traditional Tamil handloom mills, spicy food – Karaikkudi is sure to overwhelm the senses of any traveler.
We then head to Rameshwaram – we cross the bridge from the mainland to this island, where people go to absolve themselves of their sins. But Rameshwaram is beyond its temples – the eerie history of Dhanushkodi, the inspiring abode of Late President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam – the place has this and more to offer.
Thirumalai Nayakkar Mahal, Meenkashi Amman Temple and the shopping complexes around. If time permits, visit Azhagar Kovil and Pazhamudhir Solai. Stay in Madurai and Karaikudi. Visit Dhanushkodi and Rameshwaram. Also visit APJ Abdul Kalam’s house.
* All Breakfasts
* Transport in an AC vehicle throughout the trip
* All stay on twin sharing basis.
* All entry, parking and permit charges.
* Food other than inclusions. Personal expenses
* Anything not included in inclusions.
Terms & Conditions
* 50% of the booking amount is required to confirm the booking. Balance to be paid before embarking on the tour.
* Please note that the itinerary is based on current availability and we cannot guarantee availability unless paid.
* Early check-in is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- Madurai and surrounding areas are seeped in Tamil culture and rich history. If you are not that interested in culture and heritage, you can consider some other trips of ours. If you love stories, history and experiencing local culture through their temples and food, then this trip is for you.
- Interior TamilNadu has a very scant number of people who can understand or communicate in Hindi. Our tour lead would be someone who can converse in Tamil, Hindi and English well.
- We will arrange for authentic Chettinaad food and Madurai food on the first two days, which will include nonveg. However, we cannot guarantee availability of non veg food in Rameshwaram. If you have any specific meal preferences / dietary requirements, please let us know before hand.
- Madurai weather is ‘hot, hotter, hottest’ all through the year, brace yourself for some warm weather.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.