The common mistake that tourists make is to think of Wayanad as a single destination – a town. It is a district in the North-Eastern part of Kerala, with three principal towns – Kalpetta, Sultan Bathery and Manathavadi. Surrounded by dense forest, coffee/tea plantations and mountains, it is a nature lover’s paradise. ‘Maya Kshetra’ -> ‘Mayanad’ -> ‘Wayanad’. Interesting, isn’t it? Wayanad also holds great interest anthropologically with its rich tribal culture as well as pre-historic natural caves. Port city Calicut, the erstwhile capital of Malabar, now officially known as Kozhikode, was where Vasco da Gama first set foot on Indian soil centuries ago!
Come, explore this amazing potpourri with F5.
Dates: 22nd to 25th September 2022
Price : INR 19,500 + 5% GST
Single Occupancy Surcharge – INR 8,500 + 5% GST
Day 1 - 22 Sep 2022
Arrive in Calicut(Kozhikode) and post lunch, drive to Wayanad. Check into our stay amidst a 30-acre plantation at the foothills of the Dhanagiri hills. Enjoy a visit to the tea museum and beautiful waterfall. Overnight at Wayanad.
Day 2 - 23 Sep 2022
Wake up to beautiful surroundings. Go for a guided village walk to understand the local tribal culture and how an NGO is helping the community with livelihood using bamboo, and have lunch with them. Later, Visit the Edakkal caves, indicating the presence of a prehistoric civilization or settlement in this region. Overnight at Wayanad.
Day 3 - 24 Sep 2022
After breakfast, Enjoy different beautiful viewpoints today along with knowing the spooky history of Chain tree. After lunch, start your journey towards Calicut(Kozhikode). Enjoy the evening at the beach. Overnight at Calicut(Kozhikode).
Day 4 - 25 Sep 2022
Holding on to memories of a beautiful place, start your journey back home, bidding farewell to strangers-turned-friends and looking forward to meeting on yet another trip. 🙂
- Local transport during the trip.
- Accommodation for 3 nights on double sharing.
- All meals starting from lunch on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 4.
- Morning and evening tea/coffee
- Guided village walk at Uravu
- All entry fee
- Parking and Tolls
- Guidance of an F5er
- Flight/Train/Bus travel till Calicut and back
- Tips, alcohol, packaged beverages, medicine and other expenses of personal nature.
- Any additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camera fees at monuments, parks
- 5% GST
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
Terms & Conditions
- Upto 30 days prior to the date of commencement of trip – 25% deducted and 75% refunded as cash.
- Upto 11 days prior to the date of commencement of trip – 50% deducted and rest refunded as cash.
- Within 10 days of the commencement of trip/Last day intimation/no show – No refund.
- COVID cancellation: If the trip gets canceled because of lockdown or travel regulations at the destination, we will refund you in money+credit notes. The entire worth will be refunded in a combination of these. However, if you cancel on your own because of safety concerns and/or being Covid positive, normal cancellation policy applies.
F5 CARES FOR YOUR SAFETY!
- We will be filling only upto 10 seats in a 13 seater vehicle.
- Your tour lead will be fully vaccinated, masked up and will be carrying sanitizer.
- As tourism has picked up, please expect a crowd in most places.
- It is mandatory for adults to be fully vaccinated to be a part of F5 trips.
- Please do keep in mind that even restaurants where we stop on the highway for breakfast/tea might be crowded. Always exercise caution.
- Please do not travel if you have symptoms prior to the trip – for your own and other people’s safety.
- ALWAYS mask up, carry your sanitizer and take all precautions while on the trip. Stay safe and have fun!
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure timings
This trip is ex-Calicut(Kozhikode). Joining us from a different city?
Reach Calicut(Kozhikode) on September 22nd by 12 Noon and book your return journey after 10 AM on September 25th.
Note on weather
- September will be end of monsoon in Wayanad. The exact nature of weather will be known closer to the time and you will be advised accordingly.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
About your stay
- Wayanad – Your stay in beautiful cottages amidst a 30 acre coffee plantation, one of the oldest plantations in Wayanad with surrounding hills.
- Calicut(Kozhikode) – A premium property nestled on the banks of the legendary Chaliyar River.
- Simple local affair – Veg and Non-veg
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace
- Wayanad is a district and not a town. We will not be able to cover everything the district has to offer; nor do we intend to. This trip is to appreciate the unique offerings of this beautiful district and hence we have curated options that bring in a mix – tribal, anthropological, water bodies, forest, plantation.
- Leeches are a part of the ecosystem in the Western Ghats and it is very common to have some stuck to your feet/legs. They are not harmful and do not need medical intervention, if one or two get stuck to you. Carry a small soap bar or salt sachet to get them off your body, and keep calm.
Note about Smoking and Alchohol
Everyone joining is an adult and we realize that we cannot dictate the behavior on how you should enjoy the trip. All we ask is to drink responsibly. Hangover delays are going to cost a lot, and will not be tolerated at all. So please do not test your limits and enjoy in moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable.
If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.