MP is Hindustan ka Dil; and they say, ‘dil ka rasta pet se’. There are fewer cities as obsessed with street food as Indore. Not for nothing, the jewelers market turns into a food street at night. How fitting! This region is highly unexplored but seriously droolworthy – in all senses.
This trip offers a look into the Holkar dynasty in Maheshwar and multi dynasty influence on Mandu. Visit some of the most beautiful waterfalls on Malwa plateau. The holy Narmada combined with the aura of Omkareshwar – gives this trip a spiritual turn. This one is a super awesome trip. Or as the true blue Indori will say “Ek Number!
Price : INR 33,500 + 5% GST
Single Occupancy Surcharge – INR 12,000 + 5% GST
Day 1 - 30 Sep 2023
Reach Indore & start for Mandu. Patalpani waterfall on the way. Enjoy the sound and light show in the evening, with a beautiful background of Hindola Mahal. Overnight at Mandu.
Day 2 - 01 Oct 2023
After breakfast, Explore the beautiful Mandu Fort with a guided walk. Floating over its own reflection, the Jahaz Mahal in Mandu looks like a ship that’s about to sail.
Later start for Maheshwar, Situated on the banks of river Narmada, Maheshwar appeals to both the pilgrim as well as the tourist in you. The town possesses a treasure trove of beautiful temples that calm the soul. Maheshwar also holds the distinction of being the capital of Rajmata Ahilya Devi Holkar’s empire during the 18th century. We will explore the fort area on foot and understand the history. Visit the weaving centers of those beautiful Maheshwari sarees being woven here since the 5th Century. Enjoy a boat ride to Sahastradhara and then witness the Narmada Aarti in the evening. Overnight at Maheshwar.
Day 3 - 02 Oct 2023
Check out after breakfast visit Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga. After Jyotirlinga darshan, move to the beautiful Sailani Tapu, situated in the Narmada river. Overlooking the vast backwaters of Indira Sagar Dam, this place provides serene views and some opportunities for water sports, if weather permits. Overnight at Sailani Tapu.
Day 4 - 03 Oct 2023
After breakfast, leave for Indore, On the way visit the Sidhwarkoot Jain temples, some of them being as old as 1488 AD. We continue our journey to Indore visiting Choral sangam. Enjoy the beautiful ride. In the evening, we set out to explore the heritage of Indore and try some of its great food – mostly on foot. Shop for your choice of namkeen and snack some more on the delicacies the city has to offer. Everyone says Hao! Overnight at Indore.
Day 5 - 04 Oct 2023
After breakfast, catch your flights out. Let the taste of memories and the superb food linger.
- Transport in an AC vehicle throughout the trip.
- 4N stay on double sharing.
- Three major meals (B,L,D) starting from breakfast on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 5.
- Morning and evening tea/coffee.
- Guide for Mandu, Maheshwar and Indore
- Boat ride on Narmada at Maheshwar
- Guidance of an F5 Traveler.
- All Entrance fee
- Tolls and Parking.
- Tips, alcohol, packaged beverages, medicine and other expenses of personal nature.
- Water activities at Sailani island (ranging from INR 150 to INR 700 per person depending on the activity, to be paid directly to activity provider)
- Any additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camera fees at monuments, parks
- Travel till Indore and back.
- 5% GST
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
Terms & Conditions
- 15% of the trip cost if cancelled 90 days or more in advance.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if it is cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges will apply
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure Timings:
This trip is Ex-Indore. Joining us from a different city?
Reach Indore on Day 1 by 10AM and book your return journey after 9AM on Day 5.
Note on weather:
This will be the end of monsoon in MP. The weather will be pleasant. The exact nature of weather will be known closer to the time and you will be advised accordingly.
*Please note that nowadays, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence the above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days.
Note about Ujjain
We do not have anything planned on your last day. The trip ends after breakfast on Day 5. If your flight is late in the afternoon or evening, you can take a day trip to Ujjain. We can arrange a vehicle for you to leave after an early breakfast, visit Ujjain, and get dropped at the airport directly. A sedan will cost you INR 3500 + 5% GST and you can share if there are others in the group willing to join you. Guide charges will be extra.
Note about Smoking & Alchohol
Everyone joining is an adult and we realize that we cannot dictate the behavior on how you should enjoy the trip. All we ask is to drink responsibly. Hangover delays are going to cost a lot, and will not be tolerated at all. So please do not test your limits and enjoy in moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable. If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray.
This trip is all about sampling the food of the Malwa region. Sprinkled heavily with sev, try the poha and jalebis, mahu kulfi and the plethora of Central Indian delicacies.
About your stay
Your stays are chosen based on their location and comfort they offer. All hotels are safe, clean and well suited to our requirements.
Sailani (Omkareshwar) – Your stay is amidst backwaters on an island.
Maheshwar – A resort overlooking river Narmada.
Mandu – A resort in an idyllic setting near a reservoir.
Indore – A well appointed conveniently located hotel in the city.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
- There will be considerable walking required for exploring the palaces and temples. Old city in Indore where most markets are, is best explored on foot as the larger vehicles are not allowed.
- Water activities at Sailani Tapu will depend upon the wind and river condition on that day.
- There is a lot to do in every destination in MP. We have curated the itinerary based on the unique flavor of a particular destination that you may not find anywhere else.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.