MP is Hindustan ka Dil; and they say, ‘dil ka rasta pet se’. There are fewer cities as obsessed with street food as Indore. Not for nothing, the jewellers market turn into a food street at night. How fitting!
This region is highly unexplored but seriously drool-worthy – in all senses. The cleanest city in India, Indore offers a look into the Holkar dynasty and provides access to some of the most beautiful waterfalls on Malwa plateau. The holy Narmada combined with the aura of two Jyotirlingas – Ujjain and Omkareshwar – gives this trip a spiritual turn. This one is a super awesome trip. Or as the true blue Indori will say “Ek Number!”
Early bird discount applicable!
- Early bird discount of INR 500 if booked on or before 21st June 2019.
- Additional discount of INR 1000 if paid in one go!
Day 1 - 21 Sep 2019
Reach Indore. After freshening up at the hotel and lunch, we set out to explore the heritage of Indore – Rajwada Palace, Lal Bagh Palace and Kanch Mandir. Dinner at a local joint. We might get a glance of the beloved moonwalking traffic supercop of Indore.
Overnight at Indore.
Day 2 - 22 Sep 2019
After breakfast start for Ujjain. Visit the Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga and spend some time at the Ram Mandir Ghat on the banks of River Shipra. Start for Indore after lunch. Overnight at Indore.
Day 3 - 23 Sep 2019
After breakfast we leave Indore to explore the beautiful Mandu Fort. Floating over it’s own reflection, the Jahaz Mahal in Mandu looks like a ship that’s about to sail. However, for centuries this ship made of stone and mortar never did. Instead, it stood floating over the twin lakes, bearing a silent witness to Mandu’s long, rich and varied history.
On the way we visit the various waterfalls that Malwa has to offer. We move to Maheshwar and if time and energy permits, we visit the weaving centres of those beautiful Maheshwari saris, being woven here since the 5th Century. Overnight at Maheshwar.
Day 4 - 24 Sep 2019
Situated on the banks of river Narmada, Maheshwar appeals to both, the pilgrim as well as the tourist in you. The town possesses a treasure trove of beautiful temples that calm the soul, alongside man-made creations that please the eyes.The town also holds the distinction of being the capital of Rajmata Ahilya Devi Holkar’s empire during the 18th century. We move to the beautiful Sailani Tapu, situated on the Narmada river. Overlooking the vast backwaters of Omkareshwar dam, this places provides serene views and some opportunity of water sports, if weather permits. Overnight at Sailani Tapu.
Day 5 - 25 Sep 2019
Check out after breakfast and visit the Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga. Also visit the Sidhwarkoot Jain temples, some of them as old at 1488 AD. We continue our journey to Indore via Choral sangam. Evening today is for shopping and a night of food revelry at the famous Sarrafa bazaar. Everyone say Hao!
Overnight at Indore.
Day 6 - 26 Sep 2019
After breakfast, catch your flights out. Let the taste of memories and the superb food, linger.
- Transport in an AC vehicle throughout the trip.
- 5N stay on double sharing.
- All meals starting from Lunch on Day 1 till Breakfast on Day 6.
- Morning and evening tea/coffee.
- Guide for Indore on Day 1.
- Guide for Maheshwar on Day 3.
- Guidance of an F5 Traveller.
- All activities, entrances if taken.
- Tolls and parking.
- Tips, beverages not mentioned in the inclusions and other expenses of personal nature.
- Any additional activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Camera charges.
- 5% GST
- Travel till Indore and back.
- Water sports fee at Sailani Tapu.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspect beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
Terms & Conditions
- Upto 30 days prior to the date of commencement of trip – 25% deducted and 75% refunded as cash.
- Upto 11 days prior to the date of commencement of trip – 50% deducted and rest refunded as cash.
- Within 10 days of the commencement of trip/Last day intimation/no show – No refund.
- Please be prepared for a fair bit of walking.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure Timings:
This trip is Ex-Indore. Joining us from different city?
Reach Indore on Day 1 by 12PM and book your return journey after 9AM on Day 6.
Note on weather:
NOTE ABOUT SMOKING & ALCOHOL:
Everyone joining is an adult and we realise that we cannot dictate the behaviour on how you should enjoy the trip. All we ask is to drink responsibly. Hangover delays are going to cost a lot, and will not be tolerated at all. So please do not test your limits and enjoy in moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable.
If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray.
This trip is all about sampling the food of Malwa region. Sprinkled heavily with sev, try the poha and jalebis, mahu kulfi and the plethora of Central Indian delicacies.
About your stay:
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
- The distance in MP are large, it being one of the largest states in India. So please maintain time as per the trip lead’s instructions.
- Day 3 and Day 5 will be mostly spent on the road, as we will be exploring places on the way before reaching the destination for that night.
- There will be considerable walking required for exploring the palaces and temples. Old city in Indore where most markets are, is best explored on foot at the larger vehicles are not allowed.
- Water activities at Sailani Tapu will depend upon the wind and river condition on that day
- There is a lot to do in every destination in MP. We have curated the itinerary based on unique flavor of a particular destination that you may not find anywhere else.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.