Kutch is almost synonymous with the Rann, but there is so much more to the largest district of the country. To being with The Rann itself is brown, white, blue and many shades in between. Ruins of the ancient city of Indus valley civilisation, fossils and river beds formation from the pre-historic era, flamingoes and myriad of migratory birds and a private forest reserve with a lake in the middle of a desert – all form a part of this splendid, mysterious and geologically diverse landscape. There are vibrant and unique handicrafts at every corner, and some amazing culinary experiences in here.
Soak in the landscapes, lore and hospitality. And of course, enjoy the sisterhood of your fellow travellers.
Price – INR 59,950 + 5% GST
Single occupancy surcharge – INR 21000 + 5% GST
Use Early Bird Discount Code EBOCT1000 for 1000 off. Valid till 31st October 2023
Day 1 - 23 Dec 2023
Reach Ahmedabad. After breakfast, proceed to the Little Rann of Kutch, experiencing a gradual change in the landscape and wildlife. LRK is known for its variety of winged friends and wild ass. Get on to a jeep safari across the cracked brown earth of the Little Rann. Overnight at Little Rann of Kutch.
Day 2 - 24 Dec 2023
Let us enter Kutch today. Kutch is a unique blend of unimaginable landscapes, harsh life, kind people, magnificent architecture and colourful art. Reach Dholavira today. Get your first glimpse of the White Rann today. Watch the sunset at the Rann of Kutch lake. Enjoy a cultural performance in the evening. Overnight at Dholavira
Day 3 - 25 Dec 2023
Get up early morning for a sunrise drive to the White Rann. After breakfast, visit the pre-Harappan excavation sites of Dholavira today. Recently declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, It is one of the five largest Harappan sites and the most prominent archaeological sites in India belonging to the Indus Valley Civilization. It is also considered as having been the grandest of cities of its time.
Rest well and closer to sunset, proceed to the White Rann to watch the moonrise. Walk on the salt flats and enjoy the beauty. Overnight at Dholavira.
Day 4 - 26 Dec 2023
If weather and road conditions permit, we will take the cross country road from Dholavira to Khavda. The road passes through the Salt Desert and cuts down the earlier distance by 150 kilometers. Reach the Centre for Desert and Ocean which works on conservation in the area.
After lunch, go for a bird safari today, in Chhari Dhand. The Chari-Dhand wetland conservation reserve is located on the edge of arid Banni grasslands and the marshy salt flats. It is currently legally protected under the status as a Protected or Reserve Forest in India.
Overnight at a local homestay.
Day 5 - 27 Dec 2023
It’s an early day today. We will be taking you for an early morning visit to the Tal-Lyari Riverbed rock formations. The prehistoric rock formations along the Lyari riverbed are breathtaking in their beauty and grandeur. Proceed to Nirona – one of the most famous artisan villages of Kutch, to get live demonstrations of Rogan practised by just this village in the entire world. Move to a 110 year old heritage haveli, which will be our home for the next 2 days. Overnight at Devpur.
Day 6 - 28 Dec 2023
Wake up at leisure, after breakfast visit Chadva Rakhal, a private reserve forest and enjoy your lunch with nature. Start for Lakhpat thereafter. Once a bustling port, Lakhpat fort is now almost a ghost town. Watch the sunset over the Kori creek from the fort rampart. Overnight at Devpur.
Day 7 - 29 Dec 2023
After breakfast, check out to explore Bhuj. Visit the museums and palaces. Wander through the Bhuj market for some shopping time. Overnight at Bhuj.
Day 8 - 30 Dec 2023
After breakfast, checkout and visit Ajrakhpur, a village with multiple national awardees preserving the block print art. Also explore Shrujan LLDC for its beautiful and well curated collection of handicrafts from around the Kutch. Reach Ahmedabad late evening. Overnight at Ahmedabad.
Day 9 - 31 Dec 2023
Post breakfast, proceed to the airport for your respective flights. Trip Ends in the new year with new memories.
- All meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and two tea/coffee, starting from breakfast on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 9
- Transport in an AC vehicle throughout the trip from pick up at the Ahmedabad airport on Day 1 till the drop at Ahmedabad hotel on Day 8.
- Jeep for the White Rann in Dholavira
- Drop from Ahmedabad hotel to the airport on Day 9
- Parking and Toll
- All stay on twin/double sharing basis
- All entry and permit charges.
- Folk music program in Dholavira
- Wild Ass Sanctuary safari at Little Rann of Kutch with naturalist
- Evening bird safari at Chhari Dhand with naturalist
- Guided tour of Dholavira Archaeological Site.
- Guided tour to Tal-Lyari Riverbed
- Lunch at Maharo of Kutch’s private forest reserve
- Guided tour of the ghost town of Lakhpat.
- Food other than inclusions – Lunch and dinner on Day 9, mid-meal snacks etc.
- Camera charges
- Tips and personal expenses
- Activities other than mentioned
- Flights/Train to Ahmedabad and back, from your city of residence.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
- 5 % GST.
Terms & Conditions
- 15% of the trip cost if cancelled 90 days or more in advance.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if it is cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges will apply
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
- The trip is NON-ALCOHOLIC as Gujarat is a dry state.
Arrival & Departure timings
This trip is to ex-Ahmedabad. Joining us from a different city?
Reach Ahmedabad on Day 1, latest by 9 AM and book your return journey anytime on Day 9. Trip ends after breafakst on Day 9.
It is the peak of winter in Gujarat, so expect cool to cold weather. Dress up in layers. It would be cold during the safaris and in White rann, but also expect sharp sun as this is a desert. Temperature might vary from 12 degree to 25 degree.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
LRK – A family run resort with mud bhungas
Dholavira – A small resort at the entrace point of the White Rann
Chhari Dhand – Locally run homestay promoted by the local conservationists.
Devpur – 110 years old heritage haveli, hosted by the local royal family
Bhuj – Local homestay
Ahmedabad – A well appointed hotel near Ahmedabad airport
We have tried and planned your meals at great restaurants/homestays/villages etc. even at the king’s private reserve! But there will be instances where we will need to have lunch on the way from one city to another. The local Kutchi and Gujarati food will be the focus.
NOTE ABOUT SMOKING:
Everyone joining is an adult and we realise that we cannot dictate the behaviour on how you should enjoy the trip. All we ask is to respect your roommate’s comfort smoke outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
- A little bit of walking will be required.
- You will have to sit and travel in a tempo traveller for long while travelling from Zainabad to Dholavira, Devpur to Lakhpat and Bhuj to Ahmedabad.
- We have planned some early mornings where breakfast will be packed. This is because Kutch is pleasant in the mornings and evenings as the sun is too sharp to enjoy outdoors.
- Toilets are generally not a problem but at times when we are driving across the vast desert of Kutch, we may have to resort to nature’s way of bushes as there is practically nothing else and no one around! The points of departure and arrival will have good toilet facilities.
- Some monuments decide to close at the last moment due to maintenance issues. It is impossible to predict it now. We have planned the trip so as to avoid their official closing days. In most cases, we will be able to re-do them on some other day, in the eventuality of maintenance closure.
- Note on Rann Utsav – We are avoiding Dhordo – the main site for Rann Utsav – in the itinerary, because it is overly commercialised and crowded. The Great Rann of Kutch has many accesses and we will access the Salt Desert from Dholavira and during our ride from Dholavira to Khavda, literally through the White Desert. We will experience the cuisine, folk performance, handicrafts of Kutch in their natural setting as opposed to the Tent City.
Please understand that Rann Utsav is a fair of sorts arranged around the White Rann but is not an event/concert. We are going for a more authentic experience of Kutch.
- Kindly cooperate with your trip lead and follow the guidelines given by her so that we can execute the plan as smoothly as possible.
- Please come with an open mind and we will guarantee you experiences of a lifetime!
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.