Day 1 - 02 Feb 2018
Leave Bangalore around 10 PM to Hampi. It would be an overnight journey.
Day 2 - 03 Feb 2018
Reach early morning in the beautiful village of Annegundi and catch a shut eye. After the breakfast, we will do a heritage walk around the village and also visit the cave paintings from the Iron Age. A visit to the banana factory before lunch, where you can shop to your heart’s content.
After a sumptuous organic meal and some rest,spend the sunset at the Chintamani temple. Overnight at Annegundi.
Day 3 - 04 Feb 2018
Cross the river to Hampi and enter the bygone era. We are visiting the beautiful and ancient monuments today. An evening ride to the beautiful Jangli valley and Sanapur Lake is on the cards. Today is a dine-out day. Lets explore the hippie-Hampi. Overnight at Annegundi.
Day 4 - 05 Feb 2018
Go for an early morning rise again for a bird watching tour around the village. Hampi attracts a lot of migratory birds. Have breakfast during the tour.
Check out and proceed to Badami, the erstwhile seat of the Chalukya dynasty. Visit the caves, museum and the temple complex. Situated at the mouth of a ravine, Badami has lots of architectural and historical significance. Relax at the stay. Dinner and overnight at Badami.
Day 5 - 06 Feb 2018
After breakfast, check out and proceed to visit the archaeological sites of Aihole and Pattadakal. We then proceed to Bijapur (Vijayapura), a city with an entirely different architectural masterpieces than what we have been witnessing so far on the trip. Called Agra of the the South India, Bijapur was the seat of Adil Shahi dynasty.
Our stay tonight is in the campus of an NGO working for women empowerment and revival of Lambani and Kasuti craft in the area. Enjoy the Lambani dance performance at the campus. Dinner and overnight at Bijapur.
Day 6 - 07 Feb 2018
After breakfast we visit the architecturally stunning Gol Gumbaz, which boasts of one of the biggest domes in the world and other beautiful monuments of the Bahmani dynasty. We return to our base at Annegundi today.
On the way visit the musical fountain at the famous gardens near the Almatti dam. Return to Annegundi and have dinner with a local family. Overnight at Annegundi.
Day 7 - 08 Feb 2018
As a last hurrah, we climb up the Anjanadri hill in the early morning. This is a 575 steps climb and the view is worth the exercise! Trek back and after breakfast, hit the road with a packed lunch. Tea on the way. Reach Bangalore around 8PM.
- All meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and two tea/coffee – from Breakfast on 3rd Feb to evening tea on 8th Feb.
- Transport in an AC vehicle through out the trip.
- All stays on twin sharing basis –
- in a village house in Annegundi. The whole house will be at our disposal. The bathrooms are shared.
- AC Cottages at Badami.
- AC Room at Bijapur.
- All entry and permit charges.
- Ferry and Coracle ride.
- Guided tours for Annegundi, Hampi, Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal, Bijapur and birding.
- Food other than inclusions.
- Personal expenses
- Guides other than mentioned.
- 5% GST
Terms & Conditions
- 25% of the trip cost if canceled 10 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if canceled 9 to 3 days in advance.
- Last 3 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
- There is fair bit of walking involved – while the village walk.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- The trip is NON-SMOKING and NON-ALCOHOLIC.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Flight landing in Bangalore by 8PM on 2nd February evening (pick up can be arranged at airport) and a return flight leaving after 10:30 PM on 8th February would be ideal, so as to account for delays and travel time within the city.
If traveling by train or any other means of transport, reach Bangalore city before 7PM for onward journey.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on crafting and executing all-women travel experiences in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women. Come, join us, as we work towards redefining the way women travel India.
We all need regular breaks, be it a day’s off from our daily chores, life’s chaos, the work stress, the urban traffic or a relationship crisis. Be it anything, what matters is the break that you need. How often is that idea put into action? Well, we don’t blame you for the inaction. We have been there, done that and hence the idea of F5 Escapes. Let us help you travel. Sustainably, responsibly, safely.