Meghalaya is beautiful all the year round. However, this abode of clouds is most famous for its rainfall. We are making a quick getaway to witness the monsoon glory of this state. Gushing waterfalls and green hills, encompassed with clouds, gives this trip an other-worldly feeling. Get your umbrellas out, we are chasing monsoon in the clouds!
Early bird discount of INR 500, if booked before May 10, 2019!
Day 1 - 10 Aug 2019
Assemble at Guwahati airport and after lunch, proceed to Shillong. On the way, visit the beautiful Umiam Lake. Settle in to your stay and then move out to explore some cafes and the Police Bazaar. Overnight at Shillong.
Day 2 - 11 Aug 2019
We will be walking through the Mawphlang Sacred Grove today, listening to the stories of Khasi culture. The 78 hectare of land protected by the deity Labasa, is one of the may sacred forests across Meghalaya. Proceed to Cherrapunjee. We will keep making stops on the way for waterfalls, viewpoints and tea! Overnight at Cherrapunjee.
Day 3 - 12 Aug 2019
We start our day by visiting the wettest place on earth, in the thick of the monsoon – Mawsynram. Life in Meghalaya is almost hibernating in monsoon, and we go around the place with only natural beauty for company. The waterfalls of the area – Nohkalikai, Seven Sisters and myriad others – are in full glory. This will be a wet and beautiful day. Overnight at Cherrapunjee.
Day 4 - 13 Aug 2019
After breakfast, we move towards Mawlynnong, one of the cleanest villages in India. Take a stroll around the quaint village. Walk by the church and the stream. Visit the single deck living root bridge or riwai and will climb further up for a viewpoint for Bangladesh plains. Proceed to Shillong. Overnight at Shillong
Day 5 - 14 Aug 2019
After breakfast visit the Laitlum Canyon. Also, called the edge of the world, there is nothing better than to sit and stare at the beautiful gorges and sprawling meadows. After lunch, visit the Don Bosco Museum. We then start our journey back to Guwahati. Overnight at Guwahati.
Day 6 - 15 Aug 2019
After breakfast, start for Guwahati airport. Trip ends
- 5 nights’ stay on double sharing
- A dedicated vehicle throughout the trip
- All meals starting from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 6
- Morning and Evening Tea/Coffee
- Entry tickets to monuments
- Guide for Mawphlang Sacred Grove
- Toll and Parking
- Guidance of an F5er
- Flights from your city of residence to Guwahati and back
- Meals other than specified
- Personal expenses – tips, laundry, beverages, medical expenses
- Camera charges
- Guwahati sightseeing, if your return flight is in the evening. We can arrange it at actuals.
- 5% GST
- Cost arising due to natural occurrences, roads closure and flight delays. We will help you navigate them and make alternate arrangements but the cost will be borne by you.
Terms & Conditions
- If cancelled 90 days or more in advance, cancellation fee is 12% of the trip amount.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges of the flights will apply.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
- We encourage responsible drinking. Delays due to hangovers will not be accommodated. Please be considerate to your room mate, if you smoke or drink. We will prefer that you smoke outside or your rooms and never in the vehicle.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
- Arrival at anytime before 1PM in Guwahati. Departure, anytime after 10 AM.
- This is a monsoon trip in the wettest place on earth! Expect wet climate throughout, but that is the fun of it. Temperatures will be pleasant to cold.
*Please note that now a days, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days
- Our stays are going to be a mix of homestays, and eco cottages at most places.
- Simple Indian food such as rotis/dal, rice etc. Toast/Omlettes will be available.
- We will try the local Assamese cuisine in Guwahati.
- Most of the local cuisine in Meghalaya is non-vegetarian; a majority of them containing pork; and we will request those dishes if you want. Cafes in Shillong will have a great continental fare.
- If you have special dietary requests, please let us know beforehand.
- It would also be a good idea to carry some meal packets with you if you have special requirements.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace
- You are advised to have enough change of socks and essentials, as well as a rain poncho, umbrella and rubber boots or waterproof shoes.
- Sun rises very early in North East. It will be very bright by 7am, and absolutely dark by 5PM. So the days will have to start our days early. Please cooperate with the trip lead. Being rural area, Cherrapunjee doesn’t offer much of night life. So it will be early to bed and early to rise.
- This trip is about soaking in the natural splendour of Meghalaya in thick of rains. The trip will be slow in pace and low on activity.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.