Odisha is a highly underrated destination. We are taking you to visit a slice of this beautiful land, exploring two of the most sought after festivals in the country – Konark Dance Festival and the Sand Art Festival.
Explore the aquatic life at the Chilika Lake on a boat ride and try the sumptuous Oriya food. Go for an e-rickshaw ride through the lanes of Puri. Shop to your heart’s content at Pipli’s craft bazaar and witness the Pattchitra art unfolding at Dandasahi.
The trip, though short, is a perfect window to Odisha – a rich amalgamation of history, heritage, art, food and nature.
Price: INR 47500 + 5% GST
Single Occupancy Supplement: INR 16000 + 5% GST
Use Early Bird Discount Code EBSEP1000 for 1000 off. Valid till 30th Sep 2023
Day 1 - 30 Nov 2023
Arrive at Bhubaneshwar. Check in to the hotel in Bhubaneswar. Visit at Odisha State Tribal Museum to understand the cultural diversity of the state. Explore Udayagiri Caves in the evening. Overnight at Bhubaneshwar.
Day 2 - 01 Dec 2023
Explore more of Bhubaneswar today, Visit to the Lingaraja & Mukteshwar Temple. Understand the rich art and crafts of Odisha at the Kala Bhoomi museum.
A visit to Odisha cannot be completed without exploring the amazing biodiversity of Chilika lake, the largest coastal lagoon in India. Reach Satpada, located on the southern part of the Chilika lake, and take the boat ride to Berhampur Island. Overnight at eco cottages on Berhampur Island in Chilika.
Day 3 - 02 Dec 2023
Start early in the morning exploring Chilika Lake today. Take a boat ride, walk in the jungle, spot birds and if lucky, the Irrawaddy River Dolphins.
After breakfast, drive out to Puri and visit the sacred Jagannath Temple. We are deliberately not making it a mandatory feature of our Itinerary because the temple does not allow non-Hindus to enter.
Go for a guided e-rickshaw tour around Puri exploring its lanes, markets and snacks. Proceed to Konark later. Overnight at Konark.
Day 4 - 03 Dec 2023
Visit the famous Konark Sun temple, designed in the shape of a colossal chariot with seven horses, carrying the Sun God, Lord Surya. Spend the rest of the day exploring the Sand Art festival on Chandrabhaga beach & in the evening enjoy the Konark Dance Festival.
Day 5 - 04 Dec 2023
Start your morning visiting Ramachandi beach. After check out, proceed to the artisan’s village of Dandasahi, housing families practicing the Pattachitra and palm leaves paintings, for generations. See a demonstration, understand the intricacies and have a meal with them. Witness Gotipua – a folk dance executed by a group of boys who perform acrobatic figures inspired by the life of Radha and Krishna.
Proceed to Pipli, a village which dates back to the 10th century where craftsmen predominantly made applique handicrafts.
Visit Dhauli Shanti Stupa, where Emperor Ashoka renounced the world and embraced Buddhism. Finally, check in to your hotel in Bhubaneswar. Overnight at Bhubaneshwar.
Day 6 - 05 Dec 2023
After breakfeast get dropped at the airport for your return journey. Trip Ends.
- All meals – Starting with Lunch on Day 1 and ending with Breakfast on Day 6 – (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, two Tea/Coffee)
- Transport in an AC vehicle throughout the trip.
- All stay on a twin/double sharing basis.
- All entry charges and permits.
- Dolphin spotting boat ride at Satpada.
- Guide at Udayagiri Caves
- Guide at Lingaraj Temple.
- Guide for Puri
- Guide at Konark Sun Temple.
- Guide for Dandasahi and Pipli
- Cultural program at Dandasahi
- Guidance of a F5 Tour Leader.
- Food other than inclusions
- Packaged water
- Camera charges
- Tips and personal expenses – medication, shopping, etc.
- Flights/Train to Bhubaneshwar and back, from your city of residence.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
- 5 % GST
Terms & Conditions
- 15% of the trip cost if cancelled 90 days or more in advance.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if it is cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges will apply
- 50% of the trip cost is required to confirm the booking.
- The booking does not include flights as the flight rates are extremely unpredictable. However, we can help you book your flights for the trip
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveler in getting medical attention.
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure timings
This trip is to Ex-Bhubaneswar. Joining us from a different city?
Reach Bhubaneshwar on Day 1 by 11 AM and book your return journey after 9AM on Day 6.
Bhubaneshwar – A well appointed hotel in the heart of the city for easy access to points of interest
Berhampur – A basic eco resort. Satpada does not have many stay options and this is the best accommodation on the island that provide ensuite bathrooms. Please treat this accommodation as an avenue to be able to explore the Chilika Lake.
Konark – A well appointed boutique eco-resort with cottages that are made with village asthetics in mind.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
Tourism in Odisha is still picking up, so options of stays at remote places are limited. The stay in Behrampur will be basic but that area deserves a visit.
This is east so the morning will be early and the day will get over early too. Also, for the sightings of various species, the best time is morning. So be ready to start and end your days early.
Sightings of Dolphins cannot be guaranteed. Climate change has affected the water level and military testing and tourist activities have affected the migration patterns. Please also note that the Irrawady Dolphins do not have snouts and look different from the popular images of dolphins.
Lingaraj Temple and Puri Jagannath temple do not allow Non-Hindus. This policy is more enforced in case of Non-Indians as the difference is easily identified.
There are some days where you are either travelling for long or have to get up at a certain time to enjoy the experience planned. Please cooperate.
WiFi is available at the Bhubaneshwar stay. Considering the remoteness of other destinations, the same cannot be promised at other stays.
Konark Festival timings are from 6 PM to 9PM. The group will have to reach the amphitheatre latest by 5:30 PM and will leave after the show. Dinner will be late on that day.
NOTE ABOUT SMOKING AND ALCOHOL
Everyone joining is an adult and we realize that we cannot dictate the behavior on how you should enjoy the trip. All we ask is to drink responsibly. Hangover delays are going to cost a lot, and will not be tolerated at all. So please do not test your limits and enjoy in moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable. If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray.
We will try some local Oriya dishes. Normal roti, dal, sabzi and rice will form most of the meals. And of course, Rasagullas!
Interesting Read About Odisha
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.