There has never been a doubt that Kashmir is beautiful. The intent is to also explore the raw beauty – that of an uncut gem – that still exists in the pockets of Kashmir. Come with us on a hike in Naranag – tucked amidst forest by the side of Wangath river, housing an 8th century ruin. Wake up in the sleepy village of Daksum and make your way to Sinthan Top.
Walk through the Shehr-e-Khas, the old city of Srinagar to witness ancient buildings, relics of history, by lanes of downtown, busy local markets, ancient shrines, temples, and mosques. Explore the colonial past of Srinagar, strolling on to the Bund along Jhelum, witnessing a mix of European influence on Kashmiri architecture.
Walk in Dachigam National Park and understand the Kashmiri flora and fauna. The lakes, shikaras and heavenly valleys await. This trip promises mainstream and offbeat together. Explore beyond the surface.
Price: INR 57,500 + 5% GST
Single supplement surcharge – INR 19,000 + 5% GST
Day 1 - 09 Sep 2023
Welcome to Srinagar. Check in to your houseboat at Nigeen lake. Today is a light day as travellers will be joining in from different parts of the country at different times. In the evening, enjoy a Shikara ride from Nigeen to Dal lake, and witness the floating gardens and vendors selling their wares on the lake. Overnight at a houseboat in Srinagar.
Day 2 - 10 Sep 2023
After breakfast, proceed to the Dachigam National park and go for a guided hike and lunch in the park.
Later, spend some time exploring gardens in Srinagar. Overnight at a houseboat in Srinagar.
Day 3 - 11 Sep 2023
After breakfast proceed to Pahalgam – Valley of Shepherds. On the way visit the Cricket Bat Factory and Awantipora Ruins .After lunch, proceed on a tour to Aru Valley, Chandanwari and Betaab valley, famous for their scenic beauty. Enjoy the evening at the banks of the Lidder river. Overnight at Pahalgam.
Day 4 - 12 Sep 2023
Proceed to Daksum after breakfast, On the way visit Martand Sun Temple, an 8th century temple dedicated to Lord Surya. Reach Daksum and relax in the scenic, unhurried surroundings. Overnight at Daksum.
Day 5 - 13 Sep 2023
After breakfast leave for Sinthan top, a mountain pass which gives views of both Srinagar & Jammu region. This is a journey through snaky roads but is worth the effort. Return for lunch at Daksum and leave for Srinagar. Check in to your homestay. Overnight at Srinagar.
Day 6 - 14 Sep 2023
After breakfast, start for Naranag. Known for its ancient temple ruins, the scenic village lies on the banks of river Wangath. We will go for a gentle hike of 3 km. Enjoy the company of a river and meadows. Lunch at Naranag. Visit Kheer Bhawani Temple on the way back. Return to Srinagar. Overnight at Srinagar.
Day 7 - 15 Sep 2023
After breakfast, go for a Heritage & Colonial walk around Srinagar covering its heritage – native and colonial. This will be a full day walk covering over 4 km over 5 hours. Get a glimpse of the old city, heritage monuments, local architecture, local markets and day-to-day life of Srinagar. Try some street food and Kashmiri breads. During the day, also enjoy a traditional Wazwan lunch. Spend some time shopping around the area Overnight at Srinagar.
Day 8 - 16 Sep 2023
After breakfast, depart at 8 am to the airport with sweet memories. Tour ends.
- Accommodation for 7 nights on double sharing
- Transport in SUVs (Innova or similar) throughout the trip
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) starting from lunch on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 8 – including picnic lunch at Naranag and camp lunch at Dachigam National Park
- Evening Tea/Coffee
- All entries to monuments
- Guided heritage and colonial walk in Srinagar
- Guide for the hike in Dachigam national park
- Guide for Naranag hike
- Shikara ride around floating garden in Srinagar
- Guidance of an F5er
- Flights to Srinagar from your city of residence and return
- Tea-time snacks and meals other than mentioned
- Packaged/Bottled water
- Tips and other expenses of personal nature like shopping, laundry etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Anything not specifically mentioned in inclusions.
- Charges for activities not mentioned in the inclusions – pony ride in Gulmarg and Thajiwas Glacier, water sports on the Nigeen Lake
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities, personal flight delays and aspects beyond our control. We will definitely facilitate an alternative and handle the contingency, the cost being yours.
Terms & Conditions
- 15% of the trip cost if cancelled 90 days or more in advance.
- 25% of the trip cost if cancelled 89 – 60 days in advance.
- 50% of the trip cost if it is cancelled 59 to 16 days in advance.
- Last 15 days – no show – the entire amount will be forfeited.
- If you use our services to book flights, cancellation charges will apply
- F5 Escapes is in no way responsible for any untoward incident happening due to the ignorance/negligence of the guests, natural/man-made calamities, accidents or any other events that are out of human control during the trip.
- All our trips are well-researched, including identifying access to medical facilities. In case of a medical emergency, F5 will assist the traveller in getting medical attention.
- F5 reserves the right to cancel the trip under certain conditions – in such a case, the amount will be refunded in full.
Arrival & Departure timings:
This trip is to Ex-Srinagar. Joining us from a different city?
Arrive in Srinagar before 12 Noon on Day 1 and depart after 10 am on Day 8.
Note on Weather:
The weather will be pleasant in Srinagar during this time of the year. ranging from 10 degrees at night to around 20 degrees during the day. Warm clothings and jackets will be required. Pahalgam and Daksum will be cold.
*Please note that nowadays, climate/ weather is dependent on many factors and unpredictable hence the above information might be subject to change during your actual travel days.
About your stay:
Srinagar – A beautiful family run homestay and a beautiful, well-appointed houseboat on the Nigeen Lake
Pahalgam – A river front property with an old fashioned charm.
Daksum – A well reviewed hotel.
We will be staying with the locals. Please do come with the view of respecting the sanctity of a home and appreciating the warmth and hospitality.
On twin sharing – The homestays usually do not have twin bedded arrangements. We will try our best or will provide each guest with a blanket of their own if it is a double bed.
Authentic Kashmiri food wherever possible.
Simple Indian food such as rotis/dal, rice etc. Toast/Omlettes will be available.
If you have special dietary requests, please let us know beforehand.
About Gulmarg and Gondola rides
We have not planned Gulmarg in the itinerary because we cannot promise you a ride on the Gondola. It is not permitted to book the Gondola tickets without actual names. Travel operators attempting to book Gondola tickets on fake names have been arrested this year. Keeping this in mind, the Tourism department does not release tickets more than 3 weeks in advance. Promising you a Gondola ticket would be a gamble, and not going for Gondola beats the purpose of Gulmarg as there are less crowded and equally beautiful valleys and meadows in Kashmir to explore.
Moreover, the guides and internal staff block the slots in advance to be sold offline.
If you want to visit Gulmarg and go for Gondola, you can:
- Extend your trip by another night (depart on 17th)
- Book your Gondola ride at https://jkcablecar.payu.in/ OR share your ID with us and we will arrange the ticket for you when they are made available (if they are available). We can directly put you in touch with a trusted guide who can book the tickets in your name without any shortcut or roundabout way. The tickets will cost roughly INR 1900 for both phases
- We will arrange the cab and stay for you at extra cost – this cost may get shared if there are other travellers going for the same. For a solo traveller, it will cost you INR 9000 + 5% GST for accommodation, transport, dinner, breakfast and guide in Gulmarg.
If you want to extend your stay further to cover other places in Kashmir, we can help you with that as well.
Note About SMOKING & ALCOHOL:
Everyone joining is an adult and we realise that we cannot dictate the behaviour on how you should enjoy the trip. Each destination offers a locally brewed wine or beer and we would love for you to try them. All we ask is to drink responsibly.
Hangover delays are going to cost a lot, and will not be tolerated at all. So please do not test your limits and enjoy moderation. Also, do respect your roommate’s comfort levels with the alcohol smell and avoid drinking in the room if she is not comfortable.
If you smoke, please do so outside the room, even if the rooms have ashtray. Smoking at high altitude is not recommended.
Note > Prepare > Accept > Embrace:
- Srinagar is an Army airport and is very small compared to other airports in India. There will be multiple checks, so you are advised to leave the stay 3 hours prior to your flight, on the last day.
- Activity – There is no hike involved anywhere. Naranag and heritage walk requires walking but not with gradient
- Please be dressed conservatively in Kashmir as this is a sensitive area. Jeans/full length trousers with tops are common among tourists, however, any skin revealing clothes might be frowned upon.
- Sundays are holidays in Srinagar and establishments may be closed. Kindly respect that. Fridays are namaz days and traffic jams/ delays are to be expected.
- In case there are delays, cancellation or change of plans due to climate (snow or rain) or political conditions, F5 Escapes will help you manage that but will not bear the extra cost involved.
- There are a lot of places around Srinagar to visit. We have curated what we think is the best mix of all – mainstream, offbeat, natural and cultural. If you want to extend your trip by a few more days, we can plan extra excursions for you at extra cost.
‘F5 Escapes’ is a Bangalore-based, experiential travel company, with a focus on redefining the way women travel in India. The premise of F5 is an ambitious dream – to put India on the global travel map as a preferred destination for women from across the globe.
F5 Escapes offers fixed departure all-women group tours, customized itineraries for families, groups and solo travellers. We also do in-city engagements which include #JustGo travel meetups, workshops to educate women on travel safety, sustainable menstruation, motorbiking etc.